From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:48:51 PM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io>
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] Work in Progress, social distancing edition #WIPWeds

How's everyone handling this time of social distancing? Is there anything we can do to make it less stressful? Maybe a write-in over on Twitter?

In the mean time, how's everyone's work in progress coming?

Edited

I would have though social distancing would be a good thing to catch up on my writing. No such luck. I believe it's the stress from whats going on outside my window that's making it hard to focus. Still struggling with final edits.

I hope everyone else is getting along better.

A Twitter Write-In may help

Neil Plakcy

So far (knock on wood) I am not having trouble getting writing done, despite shifting my workspace from Starbucks to my kitchen table, where I have had to become my own barista.

At least I spell my name right on my cups.

My new TV passion is The Great British Sewing Bee, like the Bake-Off but with sewing machines instead. And there is apparently a pottery spin-off I can move on to.

My pandemic novel, The Burning Water, has been taken down by Amazon for violating community standards-- perhaps because the virus in it only kills straight men? I am waiting for a definitive answer. I had put it into Kindle Unlimited to get the page views but now will move it wide.

Neil Plakcy

Anne

I've put myself on a 500 word per day diet, hoping that I'll write more than that once I'm at the computer. So far, so good. I always write at home, so things are really much the same in the face of a world where everything's different.

Neil - The Great Pottery Throwdown is pretty good. I work in handbuilt pottery so I really enjoyed it.

Anne Laughlin

annie3310@...

Author of:

Sometimes Quickly