Topics

Work In Progress Check-in! #WIPWeds

Bess Carnan

Stop!
(Are you a "collaborate and listen" or "can't touch this?")

This is a WIP Checkpoint.
Share what you're working on and how it's going!

My mss is coming along nicely. I'm pomodoring and working from my hammock chair and the combo has somehow doubled my output, at least it did yesterday. I'm hoping that continues because I'm normally a sloooooow writer. It's a cozy mystery, as usual, but for D&D nerds!

I hope everyone in this group is sheltering safely and has the support of friends and family either in person or in the virtual world.

I am lucky to live in a gated community, so there are a lot of places to walk the dogs, and I see appliance repair trucks, dog groomers, pool cleaners, and our own maintenance people, which helps me feel less isolated (even though I don't talk to any of them, and cross the street!)

I have become my own barista, and I make myself a cafe mocha each morning and sit down with my laptop for a couple of hours when I am fresh. This is close to my regular routine (though usually I have Starbucks make the coffee, alas) and that is keeping me motivated and writing.

I should finish edits on my next golden retriever mystery in the next day or two, then have to decide whether I go on to another set of edits for the next Mahu, which I've already had edited, or write something fresh.

Neil Plakcy

Not much new since my last check in. Continuing edits and rewrites of my upcoming mystery A Body on the Hill. If my editor works with me, I hope to release (or at least pre-order) in May.

Dharma Kelleher

I’m slowly editing my WIP. Also been brainstorming a quirky hardboiled mystery series about an investigative reporter and a struggling PI trying to solve a murder on a fictional island resort off the coast of southern California (think Terriers meets Northern Exposure.)