Topics

#WIPWeds What are you working on? #WIPWeds

Bess Carnan

Hello all my friends! Happy Wednesday! What's your WIP look like? Tell us about it! Do you have a cool plotline? Is it the 2nd in a series? Is it coming out soon? Time to share what we're working on!

I'm attempting an outline, as I do every time I start a new project. (I'm a pantser, but being a plotter looks so cool, you guys!) So far I know roughly who's going to die, and my cozy hook (cat rescue!).

I have finished my fourth draft, the third in my bounty hunter series. My wife, who is my first reader is reading it and has made a few suggestions about a couple of early scenes.

Also, I just got the cover art in and it’s fabulous.

Finally, I got the rights back from Penguin Random House to the first in my outlaw biker series. So I will be working on formatting it for paperback, since PRH only released it in ebook.

On Jul 31, 2019, at 8:51 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hello all my friends! Happy Wednesday! What's your WIP look like? Tell us about it! Do you have a cool plotline? Is it the 2nd in a series? Is it coming out soon? Time to share what we're working on!

I'm attempting an outline, as I do every time I start a new project. (I'm a pantser, but being a plotter looks so cool, you guys!) So far I know roughly who's going to die, and my cozy hook (cat rescue!).

Happy Wednesday to all. I have so many different things going on that last night my husband had to tell me to slow down and focus.

Wise words, but hard to stick to. I am republishing my Mahu series, after regaining the rights from MLR, who did a great job putting them out but don't have the marketing muscle to promote and sell as much as I'd like.

I am up to book eight, and I realized I don't like the way the book starts out, with a jumble of time and the secondary plot coming up first. So I'm doing more revising on this book than I have on the previous seven.

I also have new books coming out in August and September, so I am brainstorming ways to promote them. Other than the gay mystery thriller group on Facebook, and the big gay fiction podcast (which I love) anyone have any ideas about where I can go to spread the word about the new Mahu book? It has been three years since the last book in the series, so I want to notify fans (I have a newsletter for that) as well as reach new readers.

Mahalo (Thank you in Hawaiian)

Neil Plakcy