Topics

What did you achieve this week? #NPV

Bess Carnan

What did everyone achieve this week? Unstick a plot? Successful networking? Time to crow!

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Dharma Kelleher

I got my edits back from my editor, and she really loved the story. 

Also sent out the latest issue of The Gritty Gritty, which features an interview with our own Greg Herren. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick

On Aug 30, 2019, at 8:11 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

What did everyone achieve this week? Unstick a plot? Successful networking? Time to crow!

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Catherine Maiorisi

My achievement this week: I continued to slog through writing my WIP despite an overwhelming desire to just hang out and read other people’s books.

Catherine Maiorisi

On Aug 30, 2019, at 11:11 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com

Anne

I’m working on a brand new book, inching along with words on paper, backstories, character sketches—the usual. It’s that stage where the project seems, and is, monumental. But I’m excited with the possibilities. 

Anne
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties 
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of
Sometimes Quickly
Veritas
Runaway
The Acquittal 
A Date to Die

Leslie Karst

I finished the first draft of my WIP, number five in my Sally Solari mysteries! Yippee!

Leslie Karst
--
Author of the Sally Solari Mystery Series (Crooked Lane Books)
      MURDER FROM SCRATCH   
      DEATH AL FRESCO
      A MEASURE OF MURDER
      DYING FOR A TASTE

Dharma Kelleher

Congrats Anne and Leslie!

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick

On Aug 31, 2019, at 7:48 AM, Leslie Karst <ljkarst@...> wrote:

I finished the first draft of my WIP, number five in my Sally Solari mysteries! Yippee!

Leslie Karst
--
      MURDER FROM SCRATCH   
      DEATH AL FRESCO
      A MEASURE OF MURDER
      DYING FOR A TASTE

Neil Plakcy

I finally finished reviewing all the Mahu books, got them formatted, and all but one uploaded to the sales sites. Whew! That was a lot of work, and not very emotionally rewarding, though I did get emotional a few times reading particular scenes.

I am really dying to get back to creative work, but I have two more non-series romances I got back from MLR and I'm reading through one of them now. I already have a killer new cover for it so I'm dying to get it out to people, especially because it's funny in a way I forgot that I know how to write.

This book, GayLife.com, was my first gay romance, written back in 1999 when I was under-worked at a company that put me in a little office on a warehouse floor. I had nothing to do with the warehouse workers and my boss hardly ever came by. I'd finish whatever I had to do, then turn to this book. The company had disabled the floppy disk drives, so I used to save to the hard drive, then email the work to myself at home, then delete. And to think I wrote a whole book like that!

Neil Plakcy

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 10:49 AM Leslie Karst <ljkarst@...> wrote:

Leslie Karst
--
      MURDER FROM SCRATCH   
      DEATH AL FRESCO
      A MEASURE OF MURDER
      DYING FOR A TASTE