From: queercrimewriters@groups.io <queercrimewriters@groups.io> on behalf of Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:08:28 PM
To: queercrimewriters@groups.io
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] The cat thread.

By popular demand, a place to put our cat pictures! Was I the only person demanding this? Well, whatever, I do what I want. I'll go first.
The black one is Spenser (yes, named for the Robert B. Parker character) and he's 3 years old. The torbie is Snapple (named after...bottled iced tea) and she's my sweet old lady cat at 15.

Bess Carnan

This is my favorite thread. And this is my favorite cat! Squeaker is 9 months old now. He helps us look after our fosters, teaching them how to kitten and get along with humans. For his first birthday this year we're sponsoring an adoption event! (The guest of honor won't be there; he doesn't like crowds.)

Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...>

Bess, Squeaker has the prettiest eyes!! <3 How many kittens do you foster? I would love to start doing that too.

Jim

Here's Kevin. He's a chill cat on the radiator.

Jim

Oops. Sorry that's so  big.

Bess Carnan

Thanks Kristen! I'm a pretty big Squeaker fan. :D
OCAS only allows a foster to have a max of two litters at a time, so we have anywhere from one kitten to however many two queens have given birth to. The nice thing about OCAS is that they send out emails with kittens that need fosters and then you "dibs," so you're in control of how many you've got at a time. We're in a hiatus right now because my husband's birthday blow out is this weekend, but we're going to pick up again soon.
If you want, you can message me off-list and I'll answer any questions I can! It's usually less work than most people assume.  I've been officially fostering for about eight months now (previously we just took in whatever animal was brought to us, but weren't part of a system.)

Meredith

Hi all,
I love this cat thread!  I’ve attached a pic of Tayo, my old man who just turned 17.  He’s my revision partner 😊
~Meredith

Hawthorn Mineart

Salem, who helps me write. Sort of.

tammybirdauthor@...