Topics

September Goals #Goals

Bess Carnan

Hey y'all!

How's your September looking? What's your writing goal for this month?

she/her

I want to finish writing the novella I’m working on. I’m about a third the way through the rough draft and I’ve had to rework a lot of it already to address some major continuity errors. But I’m hoping things should smooth out.

I need to reach out to some podcasts about my upcoming release in October. I’ve got a good list (both LGBTQ podcasts and writing/crime fiction podcasts). I just need to push myself out of my comfort zone and contact them.

Also, I’ve been watching a ton of videos on Piximperfect’s YouTube channel, ramping up my Photoshop skills.

On Sep 7, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey y'all!

How's your September looking? What's your writing goal for this month?

she/her

In a moment of madness, I accepted writing the forward to someone's novel. Because it's their work, I've been anxious and focusing on getting every word just right.

By early next week I will get back to my WIP and focus, focus, focus.

--
Author of the Mitch O'Reilly Mystery Series.

Also producer and host of the Gay Mystery Podcast

https://bradshreve.com/

Dharma Kelleher

I’ve been asked to do the same. Can I copy off of you? LOL.

On Sep 7, 2020, at 10:47 AM, Brad Shreve <brad@...> wrote:

In a moment of madness, I accepted writing the forward to someone's novel. Because it's their work, I've been anxious and focusing on getting every word just right.

By early next week I will get back to my WIP and focus, focus, focus.

--
Author of the Mitch O'Reilly Mystery Series.

Also producer and host of the Gay Mystery Podcast

https://bradshreve.com/

You probably want to wait until after you see it, Dharma.

--
Author of the Mitch O'Reilly Mystery Series.

Also producer and host of the Gay Mystery Podcast

https://bradshreve.com/

Catherine Maiorisi

Trying to figure that out.

I’m expecting editor’s notes on my third Corelli book any day so that will be the priority.

I’ve been bouncing back and forth between a partially written mystery that I started in Nano about ten years ago and a new new romance.

Carter’s Story, the mystery is not related to the Corelli series. It’s a totally new character who starts out as a cop but then trouble happens. I have 60,000 plus words but they are all over the place, so not all good words.I really like the bones of the book and my goal is to trim and focus it. I’m  thinking of it as a standalone but who knows.

The romance, Minding the Gap, is contemporary. I have almost 5000 words but I’ve written from both charactersPOV in first person. I think it needs to be rewritten in third person.

Other than that, I’m obsessing over the political situation and making myself crazy.

Catherine

On Sep 7, 2020, at 1:12 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey y'all!

How's your September looking? What's your writing goal for this month?

she/her

Taking a Chance on Love
Ready for Love
No One But You
Matters of the Heart
The Blood Runs Cold- Lambda Literary Award Finalist, Golden Crown Literary Society Award Finalist

Hi, all--

September is looking good. I finished the revisions to my second novel in the Stacy Tavitt thriller series called A Final Call and its with my editor now. I am also working on a couple of short stories as well. Things are looking good. Plus, Fall is coming and I am ready for some cooler weather.

Thanks for checking in and I am so glad that you all are doing well. 🙂

Eliot