Topics

QCW Write-In!

Bess Carnan

Edited

Next Wednesday at 7 we'll be staging a hostile takeover of Sarah Nicolas' weekly YouTube write-in!
(Translation: I will be co-hosting.)
Join us at 7pm East Coast time on March 15th to do some writing sprints and hang out with other QCW members:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SarahNicolasYA

Here's the direct event link.
--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Robin Stuart

Looks like fun! Marked my calendar....

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:10 AM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
Next Wednesday at 7 we'll be staging a hostile takeover of Sarah Nicolas' weekly YouTube write-in!
Join us at 7pm on March 15th to do some writing sprints and hang out with other QCW members:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Robin Stuart

Just realized I made an assumption - 7pm in what time zone?

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:26 AM Robin Stuart via groups.io <rcstuart=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks like fun! Marked my calendar....

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:10 AM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
Join us at 7pm on March 15th to do some writing sprints and hang out with other QCW members:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Bess Carnan

Good call! I made some edits to clarify that it's east coast time & I added a direct link to the event.

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Bess Carnan

Can't wait to write with all y'all tomorrow! See you on the internet at 7pm eastern!

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

"Mia P. Manansala"

Boo, sorry I missed this!
--
Mia P. Manansala (she/her)
Author of Love, Loss, and Lumpia (Berkley 2021)

FaceBook|Twitter| Instagram @MPMtheWriter

John Copenhaver

Hi, all,

Lambda Literary is in the midst of a crisis and could close down. As many of you know, I review crime fiction for Lambda, and I’ve been to the Retreat twice. I’m also a Lammy-nominated writer, as many of you are, too. This organization means so much to me—and it's done a lot to support LGBTQ crime writers. 

Because of COVID19, it's had to cancel its primary revenue-generating events, including the Lammys and the Retreat. I know its a lot to ask, but if you can donate what you can, that would be amazing.

As you know, this organization has done a lot to make us more visible in broader literary community. Without them, we will all placed at an even greater disadvantage.

Here’s the link to donate: https://bit.ly/2VBWu1F

Thanks for considering!
-John

On Apr 17, 2020, at 10:28 AM, Mia P. Manansala <mpmthewriter@...> wrote:

--

John Copenhaver
Fiction Writer
Lambda Literary Columnist
www.jcopenhaver.com
Twitter: johncopenhaver
Instagram: johncope74
he/him/his

Author of the Macavity Award-winning novel DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.

cheryl head

Thanks for the prompt, John. I didn't realize their situation was so dire.
Cheryl

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020, 1:25 PM John Copenhaver via groups.io <johncope=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, all,

Lambda Literary is in the midst of a crisis and could close down. As many of you know, I review crime fiction for Lambda, and I’ve been to the Retreat twice. I’m also a Lammy-nominated writer, as many of you are, too. This organization means so much to me—and it's done a lot to support LGBTQ crime writers. 

Because of COVID19, it's had to cancel its primary revenue-generating events, including the Lammys and the Retreat. I know its a lot to ask, but if you can donate what you can, that would be amazing.

As you know, this organization has done a lot to make us more visible in broader literary community. Without them, we will all placed at an even greater disadvantage.

Thanks for considering!
-John

--

John Copenhaver
Fiction Writer
www.jcopenhaver.com
he/him/his

Author of the Macavity Award-winning novel DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.

Eliot

Thanks, John, for letting us know.

Eliot

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of cheryl head <cheadwrites@...>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 1:44 PM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Queercrimewriters] QCW Write-In!

Thanks for the prompt, John. I didn't realize their situation was so dire.
Cheryl

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020, 1:25 PM John Copenhaver via groups.io <johncope=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, all,

Thanks for considering!
-John

--

John Copenhaver
Fiction Writer
www.jcopenhaver.com
he/him/his