Topics

Prize for Trans & NB Writers

Bess Carnan

I haven't researched the publisher and don't know anything about them, but this came through the Guppies, apparently by way of PW:

This spring, Two Dollar Radio, the Columbus, Ohio–based independent publisher, acquired the back catalogue of Sator Press. In addition to keeping the titles in print, TDR will offer a one-time publishing prize funded by Sator and its founder, Ken Baumann, The Sator New Works Award, to be awarded to a debut book-length work of fiction or non-fiction by an author who identifies as trans or nonbinary. The selected work will be published by TDR in fall 2021, and its author will receive a $2,500 advance. Submissions for the award are open and will remain open through September 1.
--

Bess
she/her
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Kristen Lepionka

Two Dollar Radio is super legit! They publish a lot of literary/experimental and creative nonfiction.  

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
I haven't researched the publisher and don't know anything about them, but this came through the Guppies, apparently by way of PW:

This spring, Two Dollar Radio, the Columbus, Ohio–based independent publisher, acquired the back catalogue of Sator Press. In addition to keeping the titles in print, TDR will offer a one-time publishing prize funded by Sator and its founder, Ken Baumann, The Sator New Works Award, to be awarded to a debut book-length work of fiction or non-fiction by an author who identifies as trans or nonbinary. The selected work will be published by TDR in fall 2021, and its author will receive a $2,500 advance. Submissions for the award are open and will remain open through September 1.
--

Bess
she/her
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

--
Kristen Lepionka
Chapter President, Mystery Writers of America - Midwest 
Shamus & Goldie Award-winning author of the Roxane Weary mystery series
The Stories You Tell is available now!

Dharma Kelleher

Debut authors only, huh? 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher
Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick

https://dharmakelleher.com

On Jun 22, 2020, at 1:44 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
she/her
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Hawthorn Mineart

I don’t know if I can finish my current work in progress by then. Too soon. I am making significant progress since I was laid off a couple weeks ago, but September 1 would be crazy. 

cheryl head

That's a really nice opportunity for one of our unpublished authors.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:54 AM Hawthorn Mineart <hawthorn.mineart@...> wrote:
I don’t know if I can finish my current work in progress by then. Too soon. I am making significant progress since I was laid off a couple weeks ago, but September 1 would be crazy. 

--
Cheryl Head
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Director of Inclusion, Golden Crown Literary Society
Board Member, Bouchercon