Topics

Prize for Trans & NB Writers

Bess Carnan

I haven't researched the publisher and don't know anything about them, but this came through the Guppies, apparently by way of PW:

This spring, Two Dollar Radio, the Columbus, Ohio–based independent publisher, acquired the back catalogue of Sator Press. In addition to keeping the titles in print, TDR will offer a one-time publishing prize funded by Sator and its founder, Ken Baumann, The Sator New Works Award, to be awarded to a debut book-length work of fiction or non-fiction by an author who identifies as trans or nonbinary. The selected work will be published by TDR in fall 2021, and its author will receive a $2,500 advance. Submissions for the award are open and will remain open through September 1.

she/her

Kristen Lepionka

Two Dollar Radio is super legit! They publish a lot of literary/experimental and creative nonfiction.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
I haven't researched the publisher and don't know anything about them, but this came through the Guppies, apparently by way of PW:

This spring, Two Dollar Radio, the Columbus, Ohio–based independent publisher, acquired the back catalogue of Sator Press. In addition to keeping the titles in print, TDR will offer a one-time publishing prize funded by Sator and its founder, Ken Baumann, The Sator New Works Award, to be awarded to a debut book-length work of fiction or non-fiction by an author who identifies as trans or nonbinary. The selected work will be published by TDR in fall 2021, and its author will receive a $2,500 advance. Submissions for the award are open and will remain open through September 1.

she/her

Kristen Lepionka
Chapter President, Mystery Writers of America - Midwest
Shamus & Goldie Award-winning author of the Roxane Weary mystery series
The Stories You Tell is available now!

Dharma Kelleher

Debut authors only, huh?

On Jun 22, 2020, at 1:44 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

I haven't researched the publisher and don't know anything about them, but this came through the Guppies, apparently by way of PW:

This spring, Two Dollar Radio, the Columbus, Ohio–based independent publisher, acquired the back catalogue of Sator Press. In addition to keeping the titles in print, TDR will offer a one-time publishing prize funded by Sator and its founder, Ken Baumann, The Sator New Works Award, to be awarded to a debut book-length work of fiction or non-fiction by an author who identifies as trans or nonbinary. The selected work will be published by TDR in fall 2021, and its author will receive a $2,500 advance. Submissions for the award are open and will remain open through September 1.

she/her

Hawthorn Mineart

I don’t know if I can finish my current work in progress by then. Too soon. I am making significant progress since I was laid off a couple weeks ago, but September 1 would be crazy.

cheryl head

That's a really nice opportunity for one of our unpublished authors.

--
Cheryl Head
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries