Topics

Opportunity to appear on The Gritty Gritty podcast

Dharma Kelleher

Hi everyone,

As I’ve mentioned previously, I’ve started a podcast called THE GRITTY GRITTY, which highlights #OwnVoices in crime fiction. I am looking for more people to interview.

My criteria for interviewees is as follows:

  • You are a member of a marginalized community (person of color, LGBTQ+, disabled, etc.)
  • Your protagonist is a member of the same group
  • Your book is crime fiction (mystery, thriller, noir, suspense, etc.)
  • Your book cover was designed by a professional cover designer (not your cousin with a pirated copy of Photoshop)
  • Your book was edited by a professional editor (not your other cousin with an English lit degree)

If any of you meet these criteria and would like to be interviewed, let me know. Also, let me know how I can get a copy of your latest novel, so I can read it.

You can find THE GRITTY GRITTY at http://thegrittygritty.libsyn.com/website and on Apple podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, etc. So far I have one episode up, where I interviewed Tori Eldridge. I’ve interviewed Michael Nava for the second episode, and it will be up in a couple of weeks.

Stefani Deoul

Hi Dharma,

Apologies if I'm answering twice - I think the first one got eaten but I'm not positive :)

I would love to be interviewed. My newest Sid Rubin Mystery, SAY HER NAME, releases on December 10th. That said, my series is a Young Adult mystery series, so I don't know if that's in your wheelhouse?

Love to chat further with you - stefanideoul@...

Either way, congrats on your venture!

Stefani
Stefani Deoul
stefanideoul.com

Eliot

Hi, Dharma--

I would love to be interviewed on your podcast, and I appreciate the invitation. My latest novel, A Knife's Edge, meets all of the criteria you mentioned below. The ebook and printed book can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Knifes-Edge-Eliot-Parker-ebook/dp/B07JVXMMLQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1YNBAB8WLM36P&keywords=a+knife%27s+edge+by+eliot+parker&qid=1570115484&s=books&sprefix=a+knife%27s+edge%2Caps%2C186&sr=1-1.
Amazon.com: A Knife's Edge eBook: Eliot Parker: Kindle Store
www.amazon.com

My email is also eliotp@... if you would like to discuss possible interviews days and times.

Thanks again for the opportunity!

My best--

Eliot

[...]

Hi Dharma. I have an upcoming release (Book 4 of Charlie Mack) would appreciate participating on your podcast. Also, what do you have against free-labor, cousins?  😆

Cheryl Head

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019, 11:12 AM Eliot <eliotp@...> wrote:
Hi, Dharma--

I would love to be interviewed on your podcast, and I appreciate the invitation. My latest novel, A Knife's Edge, meets all of the criteria you mentioned below. The ebook and printed book can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Knifes-Edge-Eliot-Parker-ebook/dp/B07JVXMMLQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1YNBAB8WLM36P&keywords=a+knife%27s+edge+by+eliot+parker&qid=1570115484&s=books&sprefix=a+knife%27s+edge%2Caps%2C186&sr=1-1.
Amazon.com: A Knife&#39;s Edge eBook: Eliot Parker: Kindle Store

[...]

Anne

Hi, Dharma

All five of my novels meet your criteria, including the most recent, A Date to Die. I’m happy to send a bio to you off-list so you know a little about my publishing history. I’d love to be on your show, of course. I can send the e- book to you directly.

Thanks for starting the podcast!

Anne

Anne Laughlin
Author of
Sometimes Quickly
Veritas
Runaway
The Acquittal
A Date to Die

Catherine Maiorisi

Hi Dharma,
I would love to be interviewed (says the introvert who hates to leave home). My two NYPD Chiara Corelli mysteries, A Matter of Blood and the Blood Runs Cold, meet your criteria. A Matter of Blood, the first in the series, was a 2019 Lambda finalist.

They are both available on Amazon, B&N and Bellabooks.com but I would be happy to send you an ebook or paperback of either if you’re interested.

Catherine

On Oct 3, 2019, at 11:03 AM, Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:

[...]

Hey Dharma!  Have you shared this with the CWOC group?

Not yet, but I plan to. Right now I have a lot of books to read from this group as well as some other #OwnVoices writers.

On Oct 4, 2019, at 7:59 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey Dharma!  Have you shared this with the CWOC group?

Meredith

Hi Dharma,
Thanks so much for offering this to us!  I would love to be a part of the podcast if you have room for me.  Deadeye came out in July, and I can send you an ebook and/or any other info you need.  My email is scriptor001@...
I'm excited to hear this podcast!
~Meredith