Topics

October Goals Check-In #Goals

Bess Carnan

How did everyone do this month? Is autumn making getting your writing goals done easier or harder?

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Neil Plakcy

It's not exactly autumn here in South Florida-- perhaps the temperatures no longer reach into the 90s, and the days do seem a bit shorter. But no colorful trees or chill in the air, and if you carve a pumpkin and put it outside it will dissolve into mush quickly. (Been there, done that.)

I had published a story with MLR as part of their Christmas reindeer shifter cycle of stories, and when I got the rights back to it I thought I'd simply pop it up as a Christmas freebie. But reading through it again, I think it has much more potential, so instead of moving on to what I had planned to, I'm revising it in a hurry to get it ready for Christmas. I'm not sure if it will be a freebie or if I will charge a low price for it. I'll see how good it turns out.

So much for setting goals. At least I'm writing.

Neil Plakcy

Eliot

Hi,

I got another chapter of my novel in progress written as well as new short story. I am really pleased since this month was full of distraction for me, for some reason.

Hope everybody else had a good month!

Eliot

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 11:52 AM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io>
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] October Goals Check-In #Goals

How did everyone do this month? Is autumn making getting your writing goals done easier or harder?

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Brenda Buchanan

In October I finished revising Misguided, which I hope will be the first book in a new series featuring a lesbian criminal defense lawyer.

It is with my beta readers now, so I'm in that yo-yo place (optimism-doubt-optimism-doubt) about the book. 

Dharma Kelleher

I must confess I’ve been neglecting writing the new novel, focusing more on my book launch. 

I’m thinking of changing my podcast to once monthly rather than twice monthly, because it is so time-intensive. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick
https://dharmakelleher.com

On Oct 29, 2019, at 5:48 AM, Brenda Buchanan <brenda@...> wrote:

In October I finished revising Misguided, which I hope will be the first book in a new series featuring a lesbian criminal defense lawyer.

It is with my beta readers now, so I'm in that yo-yo place (optimism-doubt-optimism-doubt) about the book. 

Neil Plakcy

Oh, Brenda, I know that yo-yo place very well! But like a good yo-yo, remember the ball always comes back to you. If you believe in the work, it's good.

Neil

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 8:48 AM Brenda Buchanan <brenda@...> wrote:

Brenda Buchanan

Thanks, Neil!