Topics

October Goals Check-In #Goals

Bess Carnan

How did everyone do this month? Is autumn making getting your writing goals done easier or harder?

It's not exactly autumn here in South Florida-- perhaps the temperatures no longer reach into the 90s, and the days do seem a bit shorter. But no colorful trees or chill in the air, and if you carve a pumpkin and put it outside it will dissolve into mush quickly. (Been there, done that.)

I had published a story with MLR as part of their Christmas reindeer shifter cycle of stories, and when I got the rights back to it I thought I'd simply pop it up as a Christmas freebie. But reading through it again, I think it has much more potential, so instead of moving on to what I had planned to, I'm revising it in a hurry to get it ready for Christmas. I'm not sure if it will be a freebie or if I will charge a low price for it. I'll see how good it turns out.

So much for setting goals. At least I'm writing.

Hi,

I got another chapter of my novel in progress written as well as new short story. I am really pleased since this month was full of distraction for me, for some reason.

Hope everybody else had a good month!

Eliot