Topics

November Goals Check-In

Bess Carnan

Hey everyone!

Happy end of the month! How did you do on your writing goals in November?

she/her

I wrote an entire 68K word novel this month. I feel good about.

On Nov 30, 2020, at 1:01 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey everyone!

Happy end of the month! How did you do on your writing goals in November?

she/her

Jeffrey Marks

Dharma, that's incredible. I can't wait to read it.

My proposal is out on submission, and I submitted my first short story to AHMM, which was nerve-wracking. It's a semi-autobiographical mystery involving a young gay guy and a stabbing.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com

Dharma Kelleher

Wow! That’s great! Fingers crossed.

On Dec 1, 2020, at 6:35 AM, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@...> wrote:

Dharma, that's incredible. I can't wait to read it.

My proposal is out on submission, and I submitted my first short story to AHMM, which was nerve-wracking. It's a semi-autobiographical mystery involving a young gay guy and a stabbing.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award.
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers.

Eliot

Good luck Dharma and Jeff!

Eliot

Dharma, that's incredible. I can't wait to read it.

My proposal is out on submission, and I submitted my first short story to AHMM, which was nerve-wracking. It's a semi-autobiographical mystery involving a young gay guy and a stabbing.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award.
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers.

Dharma Kelleher

Thanks, Eliot!

On Dec 1, 2020, at 11:06 AM, Eliot <eliotp@...> wrote:

Good luck Dharma and Jeff!

Eliot

Dharma, that's incredible. I can't wait to read it.

My proposal is out on submission, and I submitted my first short story to AHMM, which was nerve-wracking. It's a semi-autobiographical mystery involving a young gay guy and a stabbing.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award.
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers.

John Copenhaver

Hi, everyone,

So, at long last, I submitted my second novel ms (100K +  words!) to Pegasus for consideration. I also pitched a three book deal—a trilogy based on the same characters spanning the late 40s through the early 60s. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Gulp.

I’m always impressed about how productive so many of you are. I’m such. a. slow. writer. Despite 2020 being a dumpster fire of a year, it sounds like many of you have putting words to “paper” and getting it done. That makes me very happy!

XO
-John

On Nov 30, 2020, at 3:01 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey everyone!

Happy end of the month! How did you do on your writing goals in November?

she/her

Fiction Writer
Lambda Literary Columnist
www.jcopenhaver.com
Twitter: johncopenhaver
Instagram: johncope74
he/him/his

Author of the Macavity Award-winning novel DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.

cheryl head

Congratulations, Dharma and John!

ch

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 2:12 PM John Copenhaver via groups.io <johncope=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Cheryl Head  (She/Her)
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Board Member, Bouchercon

cheryl head

Ohhh. Fingers crossed, Jeffrey.
ch

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 8:35 AM Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@...> wrote:
Dharma, that's incredible. I can't wait to read it.

My proposal is out on submission, and I submitted my first short story to AHMM, which was nerve-wracking. It's a semi-autobiographical mystery involving a young gay guy and a stabbing.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award.
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers.

--
Cheryl Head  (She/Her)
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Board Member, Bouchercon

Catherine Maiorisi

Fingers crossed, John.

Catherine Maiorisi

On Dec 1, 2020, at 2:12 PM, John Copenhaver via groups.io <johncope@...> wrote:

[...]

<Dodging and Burning signature 2.jpg>

A Message in Blood - January 2021
The Blood Runs Cold- Lambda Literary Award Finalist, Golden Crown Literary Society Award Finalist
Taking a Chance on Love
Ready for Love
No One But You
Matters of the Heart

Anne

I’m up in a cabin in Michigan finishing up my new novel. This is like stereotype of the writer alone in the woods in a tiny cabin, clattering away at the typewriter. If I can’t work here, there’s no hope for me. Actually, it is a perfect set up and I’m getting a lot done. I go home mid-December. --

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
773.255.0651
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

Dharma Kelleher

Sounds cozy, Anne. Stay warm!

On Dec 2, 2020, at 7:55 AM, Anne <annie3310@...> wrote:

[...]

Sounds great, Anne. I miss the U.P.  Don't know if you're that far north. But a writing cabin sounds lovely.
ch

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020, 9:57 AM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:
[...]

Darrell Z. Grizzle

Good luck with the AHMM submission, Jeffrey! I submitted a story to them back in January and I'm still waiting on a decision. They send you a link where you can check on the status of your story, and mine is still showing as Received, which is better than Declined. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Darrell
https://www.goodreads.com/dzgrizzle