Topics

Non-Publishing Victory Day! #NPV

Bess Carnan

Happy Friday! Did you achieve anything exciting or satisfying this week?

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Kristen Lepionka

I finished 2 huge projects this week--one for a client that has been ongoing since May of 2017 (!), and the other was a website redesign that I did pro bono for a local Legal Aid org. Very pleased to have those off my plate! 

Dharma Kelleher

I wrote about 7,000 words on my WIP  I re-worked the onboarding sequence for my newsletter. And I sent out several blurb requests for my upcoming launch. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick
https://dharmakelleher.com

On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:30 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Dharma Kelleher

That’s awesome, Kristen!

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:50 AM, Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...> wrote:

I finished 2 huge projects this week--one for a client that has been ongoing since May of 2017 (!), and the other was a website redesign that I did pro bono for a local Legal Aid org. Very pleased to have those off my plate! 

Catherine Maiorisi

I managed to review and submit corrections to the author proof for Ready for Love, my romance coming out in December 2019.

I count this as a major accomplishment since I’m knee deep in my wife’s extraordinary pain from her knee replacement surgery last week. Since neither of us was able to sleep I worked on it overnight so I’m not sure how good a job I did.

Catherine

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com

cheryl head

On Saturday, at Noir at the Bar, I read a piece of my micro fiction that named Audience Favorite.  That was exciting and gratifying.  Also at the event was James Grady (author of Six Days of the Condor) who won my book in the raffle and asked me to sign in.  I did a bit of fangirling.  I also did a book launch this week...a quiet roll out that I will spread through the rest of the year.  

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:57 AM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:

That’s awesome, Kristen!

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:50 AM, Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...> wrote:

--
Cheryl Head
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Director of Inclusion, Golden Crown Literary Society

Dharma Kelleher

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and you both some sleep. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

On Oct 18, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Catherine Maiorisi <cmaiorisi@...> wrote:

I managed to review and submit corrections to the author proof for Ready for Love, my romance coming out in December 2019.

I count this as a major accomplishment since I’m knee deep in my wife’s extraordinary pain from her knee replacement surgery last week. Since neither of us was able to sleep I worked on it overnight so I’m not sure how good a job I did.

Catherine

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com

Eliot

Hi, all--

I managed to get another chapter of my thriller novel done! I am slowly making progress (3 chapters done)! I am so happy to hear you all had great, productive weeks! 🙂

Eliot

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 11:55 AM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Queercrimewriters] Non-Publishing Victory Day! #NPV

I wrote about 7,000 words on my WIP  I re-worked the onboarding sequence for my newsletter. And I sent out several blurb requests for my upcoming launch. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:30 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Neil Plakcy

I got paid this week for a story that appeared a while ago in the Bronzeville Bee, an online magazine. And I was asked to contribute a story to an anthology based on the songs of Jimmy Buffett. 

Plus I got some nice emails from readers who had been waiting for the next Mahu book. Certainly enough positivity to sustain me through the slog of writing!

Neil

John Copenhaver

All this fall, I’ve been in the midst of rewriting my new novel, converting it from the third to the first person. It’s a slow process (especially because I’m a full-time teacher), but I’ve been discovering new things along the way. It feels like an excavation. This week, I finally started to see some flecks of gold

I also answered some questions for a CrimeReads roundtable conversation with other the Anthony noms.

John

On Oct 18, 2019, at 1:17 PM, Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...> wrote:

I got paid this week for a story that appeared a while ago in the Bronzeville Bee, an online magazine. And I was asked to contribute a story to an anthology based on the songs of Jimmy Buffett. 

Plus I got some nice emails from readers who had been waiting for the next Mahu book. Certainly enough positivity to sustain me through the slog of writing!

Neil

John Copenhaver
Fiction Writer
Lambda Literary Columnist
www.jcopenhaver.com
Twitter: johncopenhaver
Instagram: johncope74

Debut Novel, DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.

Anne

I’ve finally gotten a new book underway and have 5,000 words written. I had some struggles between projects, but I think this one has legs. 

Anne
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties 
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of
Sometimes Quickly
Veritas
Runaway
The Acquittal 
A Date to Die

Bess Carnan

Way to go everyone! It sounds like we all had a nicely productive week. I hope everyone's pleased with themselves. :)

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Brenda Buchanan

Congratulations all the way around, Cheryl!