From: queercrimewriters@groups.io <queercrimewriters@groups.io> on behalf of johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 2, 2019 7:38 AM
To: queercrimewriters@groups.io
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] Lambda Literary Crime Fiction reviews

I write an LGBTQ crime review column called "Blacklight" for Lambda Literary. I'm always looking for books to review, and I'm always looking for reviewers who I can recommend to Lambda to help build the coverage. I try to write an article a month given school workload (I'm a teacher) and my own writing deadlines. Please let me know if you have a book coming out—or are interesting in writing some review or articles on LGBTQ crime fic topics.

Catherine Maiorisi

John,

I don’t know whether you review women but I have a book coming out this month.The Blood Runs Cold is the second in the NYPD Detective Chiara Corelli Mystery series.

Catherine Maiorisi

On Feb 2, 2019, at 7:38 AM, johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...> wrote:

I write an LGBTQ crime review column called "Blacklight" for Lambda Literary. I'm always looking for books to review, and I'm always looking for reviewers who I can recommend to Lambda to help build the coverage. I try to write an article a month given school workload (I'm a teacher) and my own writing deadlines. Please let me know if you have a book coming out—or are interesting in writing some review or articles on LGBTQ crime fic topics.

A Matter of Blood
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

The Blood Runs Cold - Coming February 2019

tammybirdauthor@...

My debut novel, SANDMAN, came out December 15. Reviews so for have been great, with many really enjoying the fact that it is a psychological thriller with a lesbian protagonist and not a novel that focuses on the lesbian content. I would love to be reviewed.
I would also like to learn more about becoming a reviewer.

John Copenhaver

Hi, Tammy, your novel sounds really compelling. Have you sent a ARC to Lambda? If you're interested in reviewing, I'm happy to introduce you to William Johnson, who edits the website. Of course, he makes the decision about who reviews, but I know we're always looking for more coverage.  -John

John Copenhaver

Hi, Eliot, yes, I'd love to get an ARC to review, but keep in mind that I have a backlog right now, so I won't get to it until the spring. I do need a print ARC, though. I'm trying to reduce my screentime for the sake of my sanity. On this machine so many of my waking hours!   -John

Eliot

Hi, John! Great! Thanks so much! Where do I send the book?