Topics

Lambda Literary Crime Fiction reviews

John Copenhaver

I write an LGBTQ crime review column called "Blacklight" for Lambda Literary. I'm always looking for books to review, and I'm always looking for reviewers who I can recommend to Lambda to help build the coverage. I try to write an article a month given school workload (I'm a teacher) and my own writing deadlines. Please let me know if you have a book coming out—or are interesting in writing some review or articles on LGBTQ crime fic topics.

tammybirdauthor@...

My debut novel, SANDMAN, came out December 15. Reviews so for have been great, with many really enjoying the fact that it is a psychological thriller with a lesbian protagonist. I would love to be re viewed. 
I would also like to learn more about becoming a reviewer.
You can read the back cover of Sandman, here:
https://www.bellabooks.com/product/9781949096033/

Eliot

Hi, John!

It's nice to meet you! I have a thriller novel coming out next week titled A Knife's Edge, which features a gay police sergeant named Ronan McCullough. One of the plot lines in the novel is that he is trying to keep his relationship with his boyfriend, Ty, a secret from the police department. Would that be a book you would be interested in reviewing for "Blacklight?" If so, how can I get a copy to 📤

Thanks for the offer!

Eliot 

From: queercrimewriters@groups.io <queercrimewriters@groups.io> on behalf of johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 2, 2019 7:38 AM
To: queercrimewriters@groups.io
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] Lambda Literary Crime Fiction reviews

I write an LGBTQ crime review column called "Blacklight" for Lambda Literary. I'm always looking for books to review, and I'm always looking for reviewers who I can recommend to Lambda to help build the coverage. I try to write an article a month given school workload (I'm a teacher) and my own writing deadlines. Please let me know if you have a book coming out—or are interesting in writing some review or articles on LGBTQ crime fic topics.

Catherine Maiorisi

John,

I don’t know whether you review women but I have a book coming out this month.The Blood Runs Cold is the second in the NYPD Detective Chiara Corelli Mystery series.

Catherine Maiorisi

On Feb 2, 2019, at 7:38 AM, johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...> wrote:

A Matter of Blood 
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

The Blood Runs Cold - Coming February 2019

tammybirdauthor@...

My debut novel, SANDMAN, came out December 15. Reviews so for have been great, with many really enjoying the fact that it is a psychological thriller with a lesbian protagonist and not a novel that focuses on the lesbian content. I would love to be reviewed. 
I would also like to learn more about becoming a reviewer.

John Copenhaver

Hi, Tammy, your novel sounds really compelling. Have you sent a ARC to Lambda? If you're interested in reviewing, I'm happy to introduce you to William Johnson, who edits the website. Of course, he makes the decision about who reviews, but I know we're always looking for more coverage.  -John

John Copenhaver

Hi, Eliot, yes, I'd love to get an ARC to review, but keep in mind that I have a backlog right now, so I won't get to it until the spring. I do need a print ARC, though. I'm trying to reduce my screentime for the sake of my sanity. On this machine so many of my waking hours!   -John

Eliot

Hi, John! Great! Thanks so much! Where do I send the book?
From: queercrimewriters@groups.io <queercrimewriters@groups.io> on behalf of johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 7:45:53 AM
To: queercrimewriters@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Queercrimewriters] Lambda Literary Crime Fiction reviews

Hi, Eliot, yes, I'd love to get an ARC to review, but keep in mind that I have a backlog right now, so I won't get to it until the spring. I do need a print ARC, though. I'm trying to reduce my screentime for the sake of my sanity. On this machine so many of my waking hours!   -John

John Copenhaver

Hi, Catherine,

Yes, we did meet at B-con—although it was something of a blur for me!  I do review lesbian, trans, bi, etc crime fiction. I love to review all of it. Initially, I was tasked with reviewing more gay crime writers simply because we have some other reviewers covering lesbian crime fiction, so I'm always going to lean a little that way—and trans because they also need more coverage, but I'm not exclusively reviewing those types of writers. There are so many AMAZING lesbian crime writers that I can't resist reviewing them too! Have you sent an ARC of your new book to Lambda?

-John

Catherine Maiorisi

Hi John, 
B-con was a blur to me too. So many books, so many authors.

I’m published by Bella Books and I presume they send to Lambda but I’ll check on Monday and let you know.

Catherine

On Feb 3, 2019, at 7:58 AM, johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...> wrote:

Hi, Catherine,

Yes, we did meet at B-con—although it was something of a blur for me!  I do review lesbian, trans, bi, etc crime fiction. I love to review all of it. Initially, I was tasked with reviewing more gay crime writers simply because we have some other reviewers covering lesbian crime fiction, so I'm always going to lean a little that way—and trans because they also need more coverage, but I'm not exclusively reviewing those types of writers. There are so many AMAZING lesbian crime writers that I can't resist reviewing them too! Have you sent an ARC of your new book to Lambda?

-John

A Matter of Blood 
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

Catherine Maiorisi

John,
Bella said they sent a copy of The Blood Runs Cold to Lambda.

If they can’t find it, Bella will be happy to send another copy.

By the way, I understand this is not the promise of a review.

Catherine

On Feb 3, 2019, at 11:37 AM, Catherine Maiorisi <cmaiorisi@...> wrote:

Hi John, 
B-con was a blur to me too. So many books, so many authors.

I’m published by Bella Books and I presume they send to Lambda but I’ll check on Monday and let you know.

Catherine

On Feb 3, 2019, at 7:58 AM, johncope via Groups.Io <johncope@...> wrote:

Hi, Catherine,

-John

A Matter of Blood 

A Matter of Blood