Topics

Just for fun: How do you procrastinate?

Bess Carnan

Stolen from @Kristen_Arnett on Twitter:

"Oh, you're a writer? Name 3 of your procrastination techniques."

In no particular order, here are three of my biggies:

1) Procrastibaking. I literally started a sourdough starter to avoid figuring out a plot hole last year. Now I have to feed and use it every week. Talk about efficient procrastination!
2) Tumblr. Twitter can probably be added to this at this point. A million people talking about a million interesting things? I can do that for hours.
3) Kitten fostering. It's for a good cause! And when they're in quarantine I have to check in every couple hours to keep them from getting too lonely. Then there's feeding them, cleaning up after them, socializing them, cuddling them...It's the perfect time sink.

Greg Herren

1. Cleaning. As Dame Agatha once said, "My house is never so clean as when I am on deadline."

2. Social media. I go there just to check what's going on and next thing you know it's dinner time.

3. Youtube. After all, those Joan Collins as Alexis on Dynasty being shady never get old.

xogreg

cheryl head

I have to admit to the YouTube time suck. Wednesday, I listened to every version of SWV's song: Weak. Of course, I don't just write with YT in the background. I have to sing along.  Sheesh.

On Fri, May 10, 2019, 8:27 AM Greg Herren via Groups.Io <gregh121=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
1. Cleaning. As Dame Agatha once said, "My house is never so clean as when I am on deadline."

2. Social media. I go there just to check what's going on and next thing you know it's dinner time.

3. Youtube. After all, those Joan Collins as Alexis on Dynasty being shady never get old.

xogreg

Catherine Maiorisi

1. Facebook
2. Looking at recipes
3. Checking out any book mentioned on FB. Oh, and buying too many.
4. Reading. I don’t know that this is procrastination but reading and writing battle constantly for my mind and heart .

Catherine

On May 10, 2019, at 8:27 AM, Greg Herren via Groups.Io <gregh121@...> wrote:

1. Cleaning. As Dame Agatha once said, "My house is never so clean as when I am on deadline."

2. Social media. I go there just to check what's going on and next thing you know it's dinner time.

3. Youtube. After all, those Joan Collins as Alexis on Dynasty being shady never get old.

xogreg

Hawthorn Mineart

Looking at this website when I should be writing. :)

Ellison

I had to remove facebook from my laptop because...yeah.

I'm also an outrage glutton and enjoy rage reading horrible political news and calling my congresspeople on the regular.

Neither of these are particularly good for me and I wish I liked to clean or cook or something instead!

cheryl head

Oh, I forgot the raging thing, Ellison. But at least you do something productive. I just yell at the TV, and turn the channel as if Lindsay Graham is actually aware of my disdainful act. LOL.