Topics

July Goals Check-In #Goals

Bess Carnan

It's the last Monday of the month (look, I'm on time for a change!) which means it's time to check in on our goals for July.
How did everyone do?

I finished my first draft! it's just under 40,000 words so there's a long way to go, but at least I know where I'm headed! I feel pretty good about my achievement, tbh.

she/her

I finished the outline for a new novella and have started the rough draft.

Meanwhile, the edits are done with my previous novel. Should have the cover done in August.

On Jul 27, 2020, at 11:33 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

It's the last Monday of the month (look, I'm on time for a change!) which means it's time to check in on our goals for July.
How did everyone do?

I finished my first draft! it's just under 40,000 words so there's a long way to go, but at least I know where I'm headed! I feel pretty good about my achievement, tbh.

she/her

That's awesome! Nice work!
And new cover sounds exciting. :)

she/her

I launched my fifth series book this week.  Have been vacationing in Maine and writing everyday.  Finished a WIP and working on another and the 6th Charlie Mack Book has a title, a cover, and a synopsis.  All I have to do now is write the darn thing. LOL!

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:09 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
That's awesome! Nice work!
And new cover sounds exciting. :)

she/her

Cheryl Head
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Director of Inclusion, Golden Crown Literary Society
Board Member, Bouchercon

Jeffrey Marks

I spent time on my biography proposal this month. Based on my research, I might write a new sample chapter for the proposal. I hired a research assistant for papers in WI.

I am almost done with a second semi-autobiographical short story; it took a while to get there, but I'm pleased with it.

Congrats to everyone on their work!

jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com

Gale

I wrapped up my short story collection, took two weeks off, and just started making notes on my third novel. This one is going to be about a runaway teenager who escapes a conversion program. I’m jazzed about it.

Congrats on all the successes!

On Jul 29, 2020, at 7:54 AM, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@...> wrote:

I spent time on my biography proposal this month. Based on my research, I might write a new sample chapter for the proposal. I hired a research assistant for papers in WI.

I am almost done with a second semi-autobiographical short story; it took a while to get there, but I'm pleased with it.

Congrats to everyone on their work!

jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award.
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers.

Anne

I'm preparing for the release of my sixth novel in September. And while that's going on I'm working on revisions to my seventh before plowing forward with the end. Also wrote my first review for Lambda Literary, which should be posted this week. Thanks to John Copenhaver for making that connection!

Anne Laughlin

annie3310@...

Author of:

Sometimes Quickly

Veritas

Runaway

The Acquittal

A Date to Die

Money Creek (coming in September 2020)

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

John Copenhaver

Super excited to read the review, Anne!

I have a Lambda review coming out this week … I’m writing up proposals for books 2 and 3 of my “Nightingale Trilogy.”

I hope everyone is doing well!

-John

On Jul 29, 2020, at 9:21 AM, Anne <annie3310@...> wrote:

[...]

Fiction Writer
Lambda Literary Columnist
www.jcopenhaver.com
Twitter: johncopenhaver
Instagram: johncope74
he/him/his

Author of the Macavity Award-winning novel DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.

Greg Herren

I managed to get a proposal for a new series finished and turned in (FINALLY) and am now back to work on a messy manuscript that feels like my own personal Vietnam--although there are actually two of them....so I need to finish this one and get to work on the other so I am done with them both finally.

I sold two short stories this month, which was also a nice ego boost.

xogreg

Ann Aptaker

Hi all!
I finished the next book in my Cantor Gold series and sent the manuscript to the publisher (hooray!) I'm recording a YouTube interview tonight with author D.M. Barr for her YouTube channel, then recording a podcast next week with author Debbi Mack for her Crime Cafe podcast. I'm really excited about both! Finally finished the edits on a novella and short story releasing later this year. Getting ready to deal with some short stories I'd been thinking about for a while but now finally have the time to do.
It looks like we've all had a busy July!
Love to everyone,
Ann

Ann Aptaker

Author of the multiple award winning Cantor Gold series

Novellas, short stories

Facebook: Ann Aptaker, Author   Twitter: @AnnAptaker   Instagram: ann_aptaker