Topics

July Goals Check-In

Bess Carnan

Happy end of July! How did everyone do on their goals for the month? Did you find any obstacles? Do you know how you're going to tackle them in the future?

I managed to finish my third and fourth draft of my WIP. My cover designer is working on the cover. The MS goes to the editor in a few weeks.

I also wrote the blurb for the back cover.

Next month I hope to have the copyediting done and get started on the proofreading. Also getting started on next story.

On Jul 29, 2019, at 9:53 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Happy end of July! How did everyone do on their goals for the month? Did you find any obstacles? Do you know how you're going to tackle them in the future?

Loretta

I finished it! Calling my first ever novel done, after 4-ish years. I also finished fixing up my query letter and synopsis, so now it’s onto the next phase and researching agents and sending out queries. I’ve already got two names I’ll send to right away, but would like to have another bunch sent out within the next few weeks.

How many queries is good to have pending at a time, for those of you who’ve done this before?