Topics

Introduce yourself!

Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...>

Thread for introducing yourselves! I'm Kristen, I write the Roxane Weary mystery series for Minotaur Books, I live in Ohio with my girlfriend and our cats, I'm very shy but sometimes capable of pretending otherwise. Who's next?

Greg Herren

Greg Herren here! I write the Scotty Bradley and Chanse MacLeod series set here in New Orleans, where I live with my partner of 22 years and our cat in the Lower Garden District. I am also a bit shy, like Kristen....but am so good at pretending otherwise no one believes me.

Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...>

I was just in New Orleans (for the first time) last weekend--the houses in the Garden District are stunning!

Tanen

I can't wait to check out all these books!

I'm Tanen, I'm from North Carolina but live in NYC now. I'm queer and so are a lot of my characters. I write suspense about generational secrets. My debut (THE STAND-IN, but the title is going to change) is coming out January 2020 from Ballantine, and I just got my second-round editorial notes back this week!

Kristen, thank you so much for starting this group -- there's not really a 2020 debut group yet and I was very much hoping to meet some other writers through this new job :)

Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...>

Ooh, 2nd round editorial notes is when it starts to get real! Glad you're here :)

Ellison

Hi everyone, I'm Ellison. I write the Sayer Altair (FBI neuroscientist) series for Minotaur -- the first came out last summer with at least two more to come this and next summer. I'm bi and write a lot of queer characters, increasingly so as I get more confident that my book deal wasn't just a figment of my imagination, ha! I live with my partner and our son in Silicon Valley though I hope to get the hell out of here soon. In my other life I'm an anthropologist and my research is primarily in Central America though I've also lived all over the world. I'm really excited to see this group forming. I belong to a similar chat group for queer SFF writers but since I write pure thrillers I've wished something similar existed in my genre so thank you for starting this, Kristen!

Loretta

Hi! This is very cool :) I'm Loretta, a not yet published writer. I have my first novel in a fairly polished state, after about 4 years of working on it. I'm about to incorporate the beta feedback I've recently got. and am very possibly procrastinating hard on writing a query letter and synopsis to begin looking for an agent. I live in Ottawa, Canada, have a day job as a lawyer with the federal government here, and am single and just turned 50. Never too late, though, right? My novel is a police procedural(-ish) set in a tiny Northern community with a rookie lesbian RCMP officer as the protagonist. I identify as lesbian and/or queer somewhat interchangeably, depending on context and who I'm speaking to. Very happy to be here!

Kelly

Hey all, I'm Kelly. My debut novel Cottonmouths came out in 2017. I write about queer crime and desire set in Arkansas, where I'm from. I live in Boston with my wife and cat. (Yes, please, to cat chats.) My day job's in IT.

Thanks for starting the group, Kristen!

Meredith

Hi everyone!  My name is Meredith Doench and I write the Luce Hansen thriller series with Bold Strokes Books.  Im really happy to be a part of this group—thanks so much for putting this together, Kristen.  I’m happy to meet you all!

Eliot

Hi, all--

My name is Eliot Parker and I live in Chesapeake, Ohio. I am the author of four thriller novels. My latest, A Knife's Edge, will be released early next month by Headline Books. I am an avid reader and books and reading have saved me through various academic and personal struggles in my life.   I am really excited to be a part of this group and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and to help support you in any way I can. 😊

Thanks!

Eliot