Topics

How's your Work in Progress looking? #WIPWeds

Bess Carnan

Are you doing well? Struggling?

I'm inching along. It's nice to be in love with my manuscript again. If only I were a faster writer!

she/her

Anne

I just got feedback from my writing group on the first 200 pages, which was really helpful. It generated a lengthy to do list which I'll start tackling today. I can't say I'm in love with my manuscript. I'm too hypercritical at this stage. But I'm excited to bring it into the home stretch and see what happens!

Anne Laughlin

annie3310@...

Author of:

Sometimes Quickly

Veritas

Runaway

The Acquittal

A Date to Die

Money Creek (coming in September 2020)

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

Neil Plakcy

I'm doing the second draft of a bodyguard book set in Nice, and I always under-write my endings. So as I get closer to the end of the book my progress gets slower and slower.

Finally down to only ten pages left to revise-- but those ten pages are all telling, and I need to expand to show what's happening and how the characters feel about it.

I’ve got about 10,000 words to go on this first revision. It’s been kinda slow, as I allow for a lot of plot holes and continuity issues in my rough draft. The main purpose of the first revision is to address these. I’m also taking the time to go back and seed in the clues and red herrings in earlier chapters, as needed. This is a bit time-consuming, but will ultimately make for a satisfying story.

Part of my challenge has been that, since breaking my foot, I was taking a Percocet at night to help with the pain and help me sleep. This left me kinda woozy throughout the day, making it hard to focus. But I’ve pretty much weened off of them, so hopefully things will speed up as I push through this final stretch.

My novel is up for preorder with a release date of June 10th. Wouldn't normally be a big deal to do final edits, but I've had some real world issues pop up. I'm scrambling now to get it done in time. I thought I'd schedule my preorder far enough in advance this time around. On a happier note, I made great progress on the outline for the next one while this manuscript was with my editor.

Dharma Kelleher

I’ve preordered it. Looking forward to reading it.

On May 22, 2020, at 9:17 AM, Brad Shreve <brad@...> wrote:

My novel is up for preorder with a release date of June 10th. Wouldn't normally be a big deal to do final edits, but I've had some real world issues pop up. I'm scrambling now to get it done in time. I thought I'd schedule my preorder far enough in advance this time around. On a happier note, I made great progress on the outline for the next one while this manuscript was with my editor.

Thank you, Dharma.