Topics

How did you do on your September goals? #Goals

Bess Carnan

It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Eliot

I did. I got the plot outline for my latest thriller novel finished over the weekend and now I am ready to start writing. 🙂

Eliot

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 4:10 PM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io>
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] How did you do on your September goals? #Goals

It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Dharma Kelleher

I did. Like Elliott, I completed the outline for the new novel and have started on the rough draft. 

I also started my podcast, The Gritty Gritty, posted the first episode and have recorded the interview for the next one. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick
https://dharmakelleher.com

On Sep 30, 2019, at 1:10 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Neil Plakcy

I had big goals this month-- get a golden retriever mystery out and publicized, and prepare for the launch of the new Mahu book tomorrow. 

Did all that. Whew! Plus got to work on revisions for a Victorian-era MM romantic suspense, which I've been doing for a few weeks.

Neil

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Eliot

Way to go, Neil! :-)

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Queercrimewriters] How did you do on your September goals? #Goals

I had big goals this month-- get a golden retriever mystery out and publicized, and prepare for the launch of the new Mahu book tomorrow. 

Did all that. Whew! Plus got to work on revisions for a Victorian-era MM romantic suspense, which I've been doing for a few weeks.

Neil

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Gale

I seem to have found a rhythm for writing a few pages each day. That’s big for me especially after an extremely crazy debut year that knocked me off center. Perseverance is key to regrouping. 

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:41 PM Eliot <eliotp@...> wrote:

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...>

Neil

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

--
Gale Massey

Florida Book Award 2018
Clara Johnson Award Finalist 2019

GaleMasseyBooks.com

Catherine Maiorisi

One of my goals was to get my new romance and the third NYPD Detective Chiara Corelli mystery moving. I’d hope to have the mystery ready for Jan 1 so it could be published early in 2020. I was struggling with the plots of both books so I took some time to really think it through. I realized October would probably not be that productive because I’ll be caring for my wife after her knee replacement surgery. I also realized I don’t usually write to a deadline and putting pressure on myself was making it hard to let the ideas flow.

So since I was almost 50,000 words into the romance, I decided to focus on getting that done for Jan1 and give myself more time on the mystery. Once I made that decision, my brain unlocked and I’m going full steam ahead on the romance and the ideas are flowing on the mystery.

I think I did okay on my goals.

Catherine

On Oct 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Gale <gale.massey6057@...> wrote:

I seem to have found a rhythm for writing a few pages each day. That’s big for me especially after an extremely crazy debut year that knocked me off center. Perseverance is key to regrouping. 

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:41 PM Eliot <eliotp@...> wrote:

Neil

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

--
Gale Massey

Florida Book Award 2018
Clara Johnson Award Finalist 2019

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com

Neil Plakcy

Great for you, Catherine!

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 12:48 PM Catherine Maiorisi <cmaiorisi@...> wrote:
One of my goals was to get my new romance and the third NYPD Detective Chiara Corelli mystery moving. I’d hope to have the mystery ready for Jan 1 so it could be published early in 2020. I was struggling with the plots of both books so I took some time to really think it through. I realized October would probably not be that productive because I’ll be caring for my wife after her knee replacement surgery. I also realized I don’t usually write to a deadline and putting pressure on myself was making it hard to let the ideas flow.

So since I was almost 50,000 words into the romance, I decided to focus on getting that done for Jan1 and give myself more time on the mystery. Once I made that decision, my brain unlocked and I’m going full steam ahead on the romance and the ideas are flowing on the mystery.

I think I did okay on my goals.

Catherine