From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 4:10 PM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io>
Subject: [Queercrimewriters] How did you do on your September goals? #Goals

It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

I did. Like Elliott, I completed the outline for the new novel and have started on the rough draft.

I also started my podcast, The Gritty Gritty, posted the first episode and have recorded the interview for the next one.

On Sep 30, 2019, at 1:10 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

I had big goals this month-- get a golden retriever mystery out and publicized, and prepare for the launch of the new Mahu book tomorrow.

Did all that. Whew! Plus got to work on revisions for a Victorian-era MM romantic suspense, which I've been doing for a few weeks.

Neil

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

Way to go, Neil! :-)

I had big goals this month-- get a golden retriever mystery out and publicized, and prepare for the launch of the new Mahu book tomorrow.

Did all that. Whew! Plus got to work on revisions for a Victorian-era MM romantic suspense, which I've been doing for a few weeks.

Neil

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

Gale

I seem to have found a rhythm for writing a few pages each day. That’s big for me especially after an extremely crazy debut year that knocked me off center. Perseverance is key to regrouping.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:41 PM Eliot <eliotp@...> wrote:
Way to go, Neil! :-)

I had big goals this month-- get a golden retriever mystery out and publicized, and prepare for the launch of the new Mahu book tomorrow.

Did all that. Whew! Plus got to work on revisions for a Victorian-era MM romantic suspense, which I've been doing for a few weeks.

Neil

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
It's the last Monday of the month. Did you achieve everything you wanted to this month?

The last Monday is also a good time to start thinking about your October goals, since I'll be asking for those next week!

I finished Draft 0 of my manuscript, so September was *hugely* successful! It's short, messy, and not-great writing, but it's a perfect place to build up from. :)

Gale Massey

Florida Book Award 2018
Clara Johnson Award Finalist 2019

GaleMasseyBooks.com

Catherine Maiorisi

One of my goals was to get my new romance and the third NYPD Detective Chiara Corelli mystery moving. I’d hope to have the mystery ready for Jan 1 so it could be published early in 2020. I was struggling with the plots of both books so I took some time to really think it through. I realized October would probably not be that productive because I’ll be caring for my wife after her knee replacement surgery. I also realized I don’t usually write to a deadline and putting pressure on myself was making it hard to let the ideas flow.

So since I was almost 50,000 words into the romance, I decided to focus on getting that done for Jan1 and give myself more time on the mystery. Once I made that decision, my brain unlocked and I’m going full steam ahead on the romance and the ideas are flowing on the mystery.

I think I did okay on my goals.

Catherine

On Oct 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Gale <gale.massey6057@...> wrote:

[...]

Great for you, Catherine!