Topics

Happy Friday! What did you all get done this week? #NPV

Bess Carnan

Hey all!

Once again it's NPV day. The end of a long week of writing, editing, promoting and all the other things being a writer entails.

What parts of the writing life did you crush this week?

I'm pretty stoked about this week. Last week I started an Accountibilibuddies group with two friends. My goal is to get 5k words written every week by 5:30pm on Friday (our check-in time). This is our first full week and, y'all, I BLASTED through my goal! I even wrote 2k words yesterday, which I've only ever managed once before. Partly I credit the pressure of having a group holding me accountable and partly I'm genuinely excited about a writing project for the first time in a while.

Congrats on blasting through your goal, Bess!!!!!

Right now I’m in that weird between projects phase. I’ll be seeing the third book in my bounty hunter series to the editor next week. And now I’m re-acquainting myself with the partial manuscript/outline from the third book in my outlaw biker series that I had set aside when I went indie and started the bounty hunter series. Now that I’m getting the rights back from PRH for the biker series, I will be able to release a third book in that series next year.

On Aug 9, 2019, at 7:55 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey all!

Once again it's NPV day. The end of a long week of writing, editing, promoting and all the other things being a writer entails.

What parts of the writing life did you crush this week?

I'm pretty stoked about this week. Last week I started an Accountibilibuddies group with two friends. My goal is to get 5k words written every week by 5:30pm on Friday (our check-in time). This is our first full week and, y'all, I BLASTED through my goal! I even wrote 2k words yesterday, which I've only ever managed once before. Partly I credit the pressure of having a group holding me accountable and partly I'm genuinely excited about a writing project for the first time in a while.

Good job.

On Aug 9, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey all!

Once again it's NPV day. The end of a long week of writing, editing, promoting and all the other things being a writer entails.

What parts of the writing life did you crush this week?

I'm pretty stoked about this week. Last week I started an Accountibilibuddies group with two friends. My goal is to get 5k words written every week by 5:30pm on Friday (our check-in time). This is our first full week and, y'all, I BLASTED through my goal! I even wrote 2k words yesterday, which I've only ever managed once before. Partly I credit the pressure of having a group holding me accountable and partly I'm genuinely excited about a writing project for the first time in a while.

Nice, Dharma! You've got a lot going on.

And thanks, Catherine!

Stefani Deoul

To all of you - major props!
Now have a guilt free glorious weekend!