Topics

Happy Friday! What did you all get done this week? #NPV

Bess Carnan

Hey all!

Once again it's NPV day. The end of a long week of writing, editing, promoting and all the other things being a writer entails. 

What parts of the writing life did you crush this week?

I'm pretty stoked about this week. Last week I started an Accountibilibuddies group with two friends. My goal is to get 5k words written every week by 5:30pm on Friday (our check-in time). This is our first full week and, y'all, I BLASTED through my goal! I even wrote 2k words yesterday, which I've only ever managed once before. Partly I credit the pressure of having a group holding me accountable and partly I'm genuinely excited about a writing project for the first time in a while.

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Dharma Kelleher

Congrats on blasting through your goal, Bess!!!!! 

Right now I’m in that weird between projects phase. I’ll be seeing the third book in my bounty hunter series to the editor next week. And now I’m re-acquainting myself with the partial manuscript/outline from the third book in my outlaw biker series that I had set aside when I went indie and started the bounty hunter series. Now that I’m getting the rights back from PRH for the biker series, I will be able to release a third book in that series next year. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher
Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick

https://dharmakelleher.com

On Aug 9, 2019, at 7:55 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey all!

Once again it's NPV day. The end of a long week of writing, editing, promoting and all the other things being a writer entails. 

I'm pretty stoked about this week. Last week I started an Accountibilibuddies group with two friends. My goal is to get 5k words written every week by 5:30pm on Friday (our check-in time). This is our first full week and, y'all, I BLASTED through my goal! I even wrote 2k words yesterday, which I've only ever managed once before. Partly I credit the pressure of having a group holding me accountable and partly I'm genuinely excited about a writing project for the first time in a while.

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Catherine Maiorisi

Good job. 

On Aug 9, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Hey all!

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com

Bess Carnan

Nice, Dharma! You've got a lot going on.

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Bess Carnan

And thanks, Catherine!

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Stefani Deoul

To all of you - major props!