Topics

#Goals Monthly Goals: April #Goals

Bess Carnan

Welcome to a new month! April is the first really springy month, which makes it a great time to start thinking about goals and plans.
Leave a comment here with your goals for the month! Then at the end we'll check in and see how everyone did.

---

Bess

Jeffrey Marks

I'm working on the sample chapter for a proposal.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com

Bess Carnan

Exciting!  Good luck with it!

Anne

I’m moving this month, so I’m shooting for a modest 5,000 words on my new book. Also hoping to hear from the agents who are reading my full manuscript. The waiting, the waiting ....
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
773.255.0651
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

Tanen

I'm moving this month too! I've started a new thriller and am hoping to get a few thousand words a week on it, maybe move my characters past the setup and into in the main setting of the book. Luck to you all!

Emma Schmidtke

This month, I hope to get 10K more words written on my first draft of my novel, which would bring me to 20K. Good luck to all!

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 3:50 AM, Tanen <tanenjones@...> wrote:
I'm moving this month too! I've started a new thriller and am hoping to get a few thousand words a week on it, maybe move my characters past the setup and into in the main setting of the book. Luck to you all!

"Mia P. Manansala"

I'm doing Camp Nano, so I'm hoping to have at least the first 40k of the second draft of my cozy WIP by the end of the month.
--
Mia P. Manansala
Secretary, Mystery Writers of America Midwest

https://www.miapmanansala.com/
FaceBook|Twitter| Instagram @MPMtheWriter

Loretta

Hi all! A little late but better that than never...

two goals for April, one that's been kicking around for ages and one I just came up with today:

1. Finish incorporating my beta reader feedback into the novel draft.

2. Read a flash fiction piece at the open mike night tonight which is closing up the Iceland Writer's Retreat - which has been just amazing! Not particuarly crime or queer focused, but great, intimate workshops and one of my favorite queer writers was here. (Ivan Coyote, if anyone knows them).

Loretta

@lorettamuses

Ellison

I'm late to the game here, but my goal is to finish the dang first draft of my book due July 1 so I have some time ot edit before I send it to my editor. I have about 20,000 words to go.

Claire

You are doing so much better than I am. I need to turn in my next novel by July 1st, but I'm only at the 15K mark. *weeps in despair*

For April, my goal is to reach the halfway point. We shall see how that goes. :)