Topics

December Goals Check-In

Bess Carnan

At long last, the last Friday of 2020.
How did you do this month?
I, for one, went entirely off the rails, but that's okay. There's always next year!

she/her

I’m about halfway through the first revision of BLOOD & FIRE. Hoping to finish in the next week or so. Then I’ll run it through Pro Writing Aid before sending it off to my editor.

On Dec 28, 2020, at 12:43 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

At long last, the last Friday of 2020.
How did you do this month?
I, for one, went entirely off the rails, but that's okay. There's always next year!

she/her

85K on a stand-a-lone; another manuscript finished, and ready for the first edit.  Hope everyone has a safe, and satisfying NYE.  2020 was a year to test one's mettle.

Cheryl

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 4:58 PM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:
I’m about halfway through the first revision of BLOOD & FIRE. Hoping to finish in the next week or so. Then I’ll run it through Pro Writing Aid before sending it off to my editor.

On Dec 28, 2020, at 12:43 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

At long last, the last Friday of 2020.
How did you do this month?
I, for one, went entirely off the rails, but that's okay. There's always next year!

she/her

Cheryl Head  (She/Her)
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Board Member, Bouchercon

Jeffrey Marks

Nearly done with the proposal I’m working on. Short story submitted to AHMM.

Dharma Kelleher

Good luck with the short story!

On Dec 28, 2020, at 4:06 PM, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@gmail.com> wrote:

Nearly done with the proposal I’m working on. Short story submitted to AHMM.

Darrell Z. Grizzle

Hi, I'm new to the group. Happy to be here! I just sold the film rights to one of my previously published short stories. It will be a short film by an indie filmmaker who has made two feature movies that I loved (The Morningside Monster; Haven's End).

I have not been writing much this year, but I recently got my writing mojo back and I'm sending out stories and working on my first novel. Got a rejection yesterday, but it was a personalized rejection, which is always better than a form-letter rejection.

Looking forward to exploring this group and getting to know you all better!

Darrell

Darrell Z. Grizzle  www.ShadowHaunted.com

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 6:07 PM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:
Good luck with the short story!

> On Dec 28, 2020, at 4:06 PM, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@...> wrote:
>
> Nearly done with the proposal I’m working on. Short story submitted to AHMM.

Dharma Kelleher

Welcome to the group, Darrell. Congrats on the film deal.

On Dec 29, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Darrell Z. Grizzle <hermitbear@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the group. Happy to be here! I just sold the film rights to one of my previously published short stories. It will be a short film by an indie filmmaker who has made two feature movies that I loved (The Morningside Monster; Haven's End).

I have not been writing much this year, but I recently got my writing mojo back and I'm sending out stories and working on my first novel. Got a rejection yesterday, but it was a personalized rejection, which is always better than a form-letter rejection.

Looking forward to exploring this group and getting to know you all better!

Darrell

Darrell Z. Grizzle  www.ShadowHaunted.com

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 6:07 PM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:
Good luck with the short story!

> On Dec 28, 2020, at 4:06 PM, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@...> wrote:
>
> Nearly done with the proposal I’m working on. Short story submitted to AHMM.

Hawthorn Mineart

I finished a short story to submit to our local Sisters in Crime chapter's anthology and got some other writing done. I didn't do as much writing due to online shopping / wrapping / shipping presents, and cookie baking and so on, but I felt like I accomplished a few things.
--
Media Chair - Speed City Indiana Chapter Sisters in Crime
http://www.hawthornmineart.com