Topics

Buttons for conferences

Kristen Lepionka

So, the conversation about making conferences more inclusive has been so awesome, and it gave me the idea that we should have a little logo button that we can wear at events--to help us find each other, to help prospective members find us or find a safe person to talk to, etc. Would anyone be interested in this if I ordered a batch?

Dharma Kelleher

I ❤️that logo and the idea.

On Feb 11, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka@...> wrote:

So, the conversation about making conferences more inclusive has been so awesome, and it gave me the idea that we should have a little logo button that we can wear at events--to help us find each other, to help prospective members find us or find a safe person to talk to, etc. Would anyone be interested in this if I ordered a batch?
<Screenshot 2020-02-11 10.49.23.png>

Gale

What a great idea!!! I’ll take two!

--
Gale Massey

Florida Book Award 2018
Clara Johnson Award Finalist 2019

GaleMasseyBooks.com

I don't have the money to attend conferences and such, but I'd love one to attend events such as the LA Times Festival of Books, and others.

cheryl head

It's awesome.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 3:59 PM Brad Shreve <brad@...> wrote:
I don't have the money to attend conferences and such, but I'd love one to attend events such as the LA Times Festival of Books, and others.

Brenda Buchanan

Fabulous idea - count me in.

Greg Herren

Looks awesome to me!

Leslie Karst

I love the design! I'll wear one, for sure!

--
Lefty Award-nominated author of the Sally Solari Mystery Series
      MURDER FROM SCRATCH

John Copenhaver

Very exciting! Can’t wait to wear a button! I’m already planning a matching outfit. : )

On Feb 13, 2020, at 12:22 PM, Leslie Karst <ljkarst@...> wrote:

I love the design! I'll wear one, for sure!

--
Lefty Award-nominated author of the Sally Solari Mystery Series
      MURDER FROM SCRATCH
      DEATH AL FRESCO
      A MEASURE OF MURDER
      DYING FOR A TASTE

John Copenhaver
Fiction Writer
Lambda Literary Columnist
www.jcopenhaver.com
Twitter: johncopenhaver
Instagram: johncope74
he/him/his

Debut Novel, DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.

Bess Carnan

I love it!

Will the URL be legible when on a pin/button? (Just thinking size.)

Oh, also, is there anything on queercrimewriters.com that can link people interested in joining us to here?

Sorry to be late in responding but I’ve been out of it for a while.
I think the pin is a great idea and I’ll wear it proudly.

Catherine

On Feb 13, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

I love it!

Will the URL be legible when on a pin/button? (Just thinking size.)

Joseph de Marco

Great design. I'd be happy to wear one.

Hawthorn Mineart

I usually use my rainbow or trans flag lanyards for conferences, but I'd gladly wear a button too!

kimhuntauthor@...

Hi All,
I'm in New Zealand and I can't afford to travel much or get to conferences either. But I love your button idea Kristen and it's great to be here and be part of the conversation, digitally speaking. :)
Best,
Kim
--
Kim Hunt
Crime Fiction

Tammy Bird

I love this idea and this pin! I would wear it, for sure.

Tammy