Topics

Writing Goals for 2020 #Goals

Anne

Hi, Group

My sixth novel with Bold Strokes Books will be released this fall. It’s called Money Creek. I’m just picking the cover now.

Anne
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
773.255.0651
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

My writing goal is a bit ambitious for me.

First, I need to wrap up my current WIP within the next couple of months.  After that I'd like to publish two additional books in that series by the end of the year.

Greg Herren

My writing goal for 2020 is to finish the four manuscripts I've been fighting with for the last two years.

xogreg

Dharma Kelleher

I have a lot of goals for this year. I wonder if maybe I’m a wee bit ambitious, but I’m hopeful.

I’m releasing a three-book box set for my bounty hunter series in February.

I’m also hoping to get the rights back to the second book in my outlaw biker series in March, then re-release it with a new cover in April. I’m currently writing the third book in that series and hope to publish it in October.

Last but not least, I hope to narrate, master, and publish the audiobooks for books in my bounty hunter series. This is the most ambitious, but I have audio production experience and thing I have enough acting chops to pull it off.

On Jan 14, 2020, at 5:30 AM, Anne <annie3310@...> wrote:

Happy New Year! My 2020 goals are to finish the manuscript I started late last year (I’m at 30,000 words) and publicize the book I have coming out in September. That should keep me busy enough.

Anne
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
773.255.0651
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

Neil Plakcy

Info on the Professional Education for Authors of Gay and MM Romance Event (PAGE) can be found here:

It is organized by Lucy Lennox, a highly-regarded and best-selling author in the genre, specifically to provide information and education to authors.

I'm very excited to attend because I realized, after maybe a dozen romances, that I've been using the same structure for a romance that I did for a mystery.  Only after reading Romancing the Beat by Gwen Hayes did I realize there are other "beats" I should be hitting, like Inkling of Doubt, Deepening the Romance, etc.

I think this is why my romances in the past have been considered very "light" -- because I'm not hitting some of these beats that readers intuitively want. So I'm out to educate myself however I can.

The speakers include many authors I have read, though there's no actual programming listed yet-- this is the first time this event is running.

Neil

Tim Jungr

Neil -- if you don't mind, what is the PAGE event in Atlanta?

Tim

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 01:07:50 PM EST, Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...> wrote:

I feel like an over-achiever -- I have ten goals set up for the coming year, but I figure if I don't identify them they won't happen.

Most of them have to do with editing or publishing a specific manuscript, though I do plan to enhance my local presence with a couple of events, already scheduled. (Sub goal-- sell of some of the paperbacks in my closet with covers that have been updated.)

And I want to improve my ability to write and market gay romances, so I'm attending the PAGE event in Atlanta in April.

I feel like an over-achiever -- I have ten goals set up for the coming year, but I figure if I don't identify them they won't happen.

Most of them have to do with editing or publishing a specific manuscript, though I do plan to enhance my local presence with a couple of events, already scheduled. (Sub goal-- sell of some of the paperbacks in my closet with covers that have been updated.)

And I want to improve my ability to write and market gay romances, so I'm attending the PAGE event in Atlanta in April.

Neil Plakcy

"Mia P. Manansala"

Happy New Year!

My writing goals are:

- Revise cozy and go on submission within a month or two
- Finish and submit my R&R
- Complete a new manuscript
- Outline another manuscript
- Write a short story

--
Mia P. Manansala
https://www.miapmanansala.com/

Anne

Happy New Year! My 2020 goals are to finish the manuscript I started late last year (I’m at 30,000 words) and publicize the book I have coming out in September. That should keep me busy enough.

Anne
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
773.255.0651
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of
Sometimes Quickly
Veritas
Runaway
The Acquittal
A Date to Die

Catherine Maiorisi

Happy New Year to you Bess and all Queercrimewriters.

I did complete two manuscripts, both romances. One was published in December, the other will be out in May.

My two major goals for 2020 are:

(1) complete the third NYPS Chiara Corelli mystery (I have a little more than 40,000 words)

(2) focus on marketing and selling

Other goals:
(1) Work on the romance rattling around in my brain
(2) Write another magazine article
(3) Look at publishing some of my short stories

Catherine

On Jan 13, 2020, at 11:58 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Happy new year! May you roll with advantage.

What is everyone hoping to achieve this year?

I'm aiming for the same thing I did last year--two complete manuscripts. I didn't quite make it, but I *worked* on two manuscripts, so hopefully I'm inching closer!