Bess Carnan

Ah, December. A complicated month.
What are your writing goals for it?

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Neil Plakcy

I am pleased that for a change I have a release schedule ahead of me for the next four months, instead of scrambling to put books out at the last minute.

Of course, now I have to stick to that schedule! My December goals will be to get as much done to support those books now while I have some time-- writing blog posts in advance, getting the covers done and putting up pre-order links.

Neil Plakcy

Catherine Maiorisi

I finally have a full draft of my WIP (except for the love scene) which is due to my publisher 1/1/2020. So my only goals are (1) write a believable sex scene (2)  get the ms in shape for publication.

Not too much pressure.

Catherine

On Dec 2, 2019, at 7:57 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com

Hawthorn Mineart

Get a complete draft of my NaNoWriMo project. I'm thankfully not burned out on the story this year, so I think getting a finished draft is doable. Probably end of January, since I'm trying to keep my daily word count to something practical.

"Mia P. Manansala"

My goals are to complete a readable draft of my R&R to send to my beta readers by mid-December and begin revising my cozy with hopes of going on sub in January.
--
Mia P. Manansala
Secretary, Mystery Writers of America Midwest

https://www.miapmanansala.com/ 
FaceBook|Twitter| Instagram @MPMtheWriter

Anne

Right now I’m in New Mexico on a two week writing trip. I’m three days in and just now settling into the writing. My goal is to walk away from here with at least 20,000 words. I have lots of work to do figuring out the plot. It’s a wonderful location to concentrate on my WIP.

Anne

--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties 
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of
Sometimes Quickly
Veritas
Runaway
The Acquittal 
A Date to Die

cheryl head

Complete Book 5 of my Charlie Mack Series.  I have a spring publish date. But the book is fully outlined, and I'm 2/3rds done.  Publisher also asked if I was doing a second book for 2020.  Sigh. Need to decide.
ch

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:01 AM "Mia P. Manansala" <mpmthewriter@...> wrote:
My goals are to complete a readable draft of my R&R to send to my beta readers by mid-December and begin revising my cozy with hopes of going on sub in January.
--
Mia P. Manansala
Secretary, Mystery Writers of America Midwest

FaceBook|Twitter| Instagram @MPMtheWriter

--
Cheryl Head
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Director of Inclusion, Golden Crown Literary Society

Brenda Buchanan

To finish incorporating beta reader feedback into my mss for the first in a new series, write a bang-up query letter and be ready to go after the holidays.

Dharma Kelleher

I almost finished the rough draft of my WIP last month, so I want to finish that. 

I am launching my fifth novel next Tuesday, so I’m jazzed about that. 

I am also going through Mark Dawson’s massive, in-depth Ads for Authors course. So I’m hoping to finish it by monthend, but there is SO MUCH curriculum it may well take me into January. 

I don’t normally crow about a resource unless it blows my doors off. But this was the case with Mark’s course. So I wanted to share. 

This isn’t some Author 101, one-hour webinar. And it’s not cheap. I opted for the payment plan. 

This is an 301-level  deep dive for authors with 3+ books published. The videos alone must be more than 20 hours. 

So far I’ve only run some FB lead generation ads to build up my newsletter subscriptions. In just a few days, I’ve added 100+ subscribers to my mailing list. I’m about to start ads to generate direct sales, but I feel confident about it. 

The course also includes modules on AMS ads and Bookbub ads. 

Sorry to carry on. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick
https://dharmakelleher.com

On Dec 2, 2019, at 5:57 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

cheryl head

That course sounds really interesting, Dharma. Thank you for sharing.
cheryl

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 10:23 AM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:
I almost finished the rough draft of my WIP last month, so I want to finish that. 

I am also going through Mark Dawson’s massive, in-depth Ads for Authors course. So I’m hoping to finish it by monthend, but there is SO MUCH curriculum it may well take me into January. 

I don’t normally crow about a resource unless it blows my doors off. But this was the case with Mark’s course. So I wanted to share. 

This isn’t some Author 101, one-hour webinar. And it’s not cheap. I opted for the payment plan. 

This is an 301-level  deep dive for authors with 3+ books published. The videos alone must be more than 20 hours. 

So far I’ve only run some FB lead generation ads to build up my newsletter subscriptions. In just a few days, I’ve added 100+ subscribers to my mailing list. I’m about to start ads to generate direct sales, but I feel confident about it. 

Sorry to carry on. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

--
Cheryl Head

Catherine Maiorisi

Yes, I’m thinking of looking into it.

Catherine

On Dec 6, 2019, at 10:48 AM, cheryl head <cheadwrites@...> wrote:

That course sounds really interesting, Dharma. Thank you for sharing.
cheryl

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 10:23 AM Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:

Sorry to carry on. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

--
Cheryl Head

The Blood Runs Cold 
A Matter of Blood - Lambda Literary Award Finalist
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

http://www.catherinemaiorisi.com