Topics

What's your Work In Progress? #WIPWeds

Bess Carnan

I'm still on my cat rescuer book, but at a point where I don't want to rage quit and become a chocolatier instead. My first draft is going to end up at about 40,000 words, so it's got a lot of work ahead yet. But I think maybe it'll be worth it!

You had me at cat rescuer!

I’m at 55K into my third lesbian outlaw biker thriller. I’m into the fourth and final act and feeling excited and nervous about wrapping it up.

On Nov 20, 2019, at 9:49 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

I'm still on my cat rescuer book, but at a point where I don't want to rage quit and become a chocolatier instead. My first draft is going to end up at about 40,000 words, so it's got a lot of work ahead yet. But I think maybe it'll be worth it!

I am about 50% into my new Mahu Investigation. I kept thinking that the motive I had in mind was too obvious and not strong enough, but then a bad dream brought me a mew and much stronger motive. Yay for heartburn!

Neil Plakcy

Anne

I’m just 10K words into my new book about a private investigator thrown into the world of corporate espionage. I hope to get a big chunk written at my upcoming writing retreat.
--

Anne Laughlin | Broker

@properties
 3101 N. Greenview
Chicago, IL 60657
773.255.0651
annelaughlin@...

Stop looking, start finding®
atproperties.com

--
Anne Laughlin
author of

Bess Carnan

I've never heard someone say "yay for heartburn!" before. I'm glad it had a silver lining though. :)

A writing retreat sounds awesome! Where will it be?

Greg Herren

I am in the final draft of a ghost story set in rural Alabama that doesn't seem like it will ever be finished....

xogreg

Bess Carnan

Oh man, I know that feeling. But I believe in you! You've got this!

"Mia P. Manansala"

Doing an R&R for my ComiKon mystery (that's been on sub for over a year and a half *sob*). Used Nano to get the first two acts in place, according to the editor's feedback. Now I'm going through it from the beginning to clean it up and make sure all the pieces are where they need to be before moving onto the third act.
--
Mia P. Manansala
Secretary, Mystery Writers of America Midwest

https://www.miapmanansala.com/
FaceBook|Twitter| Instagram @MPMtheWriter