Topics

Happy Friday! What did you achieve? #NPV

Bess Carnan

How did everyone do this week?

I, unfortunately, didn't write a lick, but next week I should get back on track!

The third book in my bounty hunter series is at the copy editor. Meanwhile, I am brainstorming ideas for my next lesbian outlaw biker novel.

Also, I did a book promotion this week with a well-known indie author. I temporarily set the first book in my outlaw biker series to free on Amazon, and “sold” (free) more than 6,000 copies. While this isn’t money in the bank, I’m starting to see an uptick in newsletter subscribers.

My one concern about this is that in March 2020, I will be trying to get the rights back to the second book in the series (I recently got the rights back to the first) from PRH. But the caveat is that I will have to have sold less than 300 copies of that title within the 3 previous months of the request. I hope that I don’t become a victim of my own success.

On Aug 23, 2019, at 8:22 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

How did everyone do this week?

I, unfortunately, didn't write a lick, but next week I should get back on track!

Bess, I feel your pain! I have been doing all the small tasks relating to republishing the last of the Mahu series books after getting the rights back from MLR. Organizing beta readers, formatting, cover design and a dozen tiny other tasks have taken up most of time, so I haven't had much time for actual creative writing.

The good news is that I am almost finished with all that tedious stuff, so next week should be more creative.

I began teaching again this week, and most of the rest of my time has been taken up with syllabuses, creating new quizzes and other content for four courses. (Fortunately my fifth doesn't begin until October!)

It’s amazing what all you have to do when you finally get the rights back. Lots of work, but well worth it!

On Aug 23, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...> wrote:

Bess, I feel your pain! I have been doing all the small tasks relating to republishing the last of the Mahu series books after getting the rights back from MLR. Organizing beta readers, formatting, cover design and a dozen tiny other tasks have taken up most of time, so I haven't had much time for actual creative writing.

The good news is that I am almost finished with all that tedious stuff, so next week should be more creative.

I began teaching again this week, and most of the rest of my time has been taken up with syllabuses, creating new quizzes and other content for four courses. (Fortunately my fifth doesn't begin until October!)

Neil Plakcy