Topics

Time To Set July #Goals

Bess Carnan

What do you want to achieve this month?

This post is right on target for me-- I have been trying to frame out my goals and timetable for the month, and I've never been very good at that. I am working on the second draft of a new Mahu mystery and the revision is going well-- but I'm always worried I will run into some problem that will derail me.

Then I need to put together some kind of promotion plan for it. It's so hard because the reviewers I know well don't take self-published books, and I've learned I don't need to bother with random things like guest posts (unless they are the right kind of bloggers, who appeal to my audience.)

I have a newsletter and a website, and will update them when the time comes. I've already been planting seeds through my Facebook posts and I know there are some eager readers out there.

Anyone had success in unconventional ways to promote a gay mystery? I'm open to any suggestions.

Neil Plakcy

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 12:08 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
What do you want to achieve this month?

"Mia P. Manansala"

Using Camp Nano to finally finish a draft of my Filipino cozy.

I feel like I say that every month, but I really mean it this time! ^^;;
--
Mia P. Manansala
Secretary, Mystery Writers of America Midwest

https://www.miapmanansala.com/
FaceBook|Twitter| Instagram @MPMtheWriter