Topics

#WIPWeds Let's talk WIPs #WIPWeds

Catherine Maiorisi

I have the same problem, Jeff. And now my publisher is planning 2020 and has asked when the two I’m working on will be ready. Yikes. 
So I took a deep breath and am trying to focus and make notes so I’m not flying blind as usual.
Catherine Maiorisi

On Jun 19, 2019, at 1:00 PM, Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@...> wrote:

I think I've come to a conclusion. I'm trying to deal with too many WIPs at once. I'm going to try for the next week to focus and finish one, then move on to the next and see if the extra focus will allow me to finish things a bit faster than I have been doing. 

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award. 
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers. 

Dharma Kelleher

Speaking podcasts, I’ve been listening to the Writer’s Detectives Bureau podcast. Excellent source of detailed info about police procedures, etc. 

Peace out,
Dharma Kelleher

Gritty Crime Fiction with a Feminist Kick

On Jun 19, 2019, at 10:03 AM, Eliot <eliotp@...> wrote:

Hi, all--

I just finished the last manuscript proof for my new short story collection titled Snapshots. It will be released in July 2020. Really excited to share the stories with you!

Eliot

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:47 PM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Queercrimewriters] #WIPWeds Let's talk WIPs

I am zooming forward with my next Hawaiian mystery, up to 138 pages. I'm pleased that my quasi-outlining is helping me move through quickly. I am using a lot that I have learned from this website:

I am also listening to the Story Grid Editor's Roundtable podcast. They are just beginning to analyze Brokeback Mountain, scene by scene and beat by beat. Also Jeff and Will's Big Gay Fiction Podcast, trying to keep up with what's going on in gay fiction these days.

Neil Plakcy

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:14 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
Hey everyone! What's your current project look like? Got a cool twist? Researching something interesting? Really excited about your new protagonist and can't wait to share? Well wait no more! The time to share your pride and joy has arrived.

--

Bess
writer of unconventional mysteries
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Eliot

Hi, all--

I just finished the last manuscript proof for my new short story collection titled Snapshots. It will be released in July 2020. Really excited to share the stories with you!

Eliot

From: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io <main@queercrimewriters.groups.io> on behalf of Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:47 PM
To: main@queercrimewriters.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Queercrimewriters] #WIPWeds Let's talk WIPs

I am zooming forward with my next Hawaiian mystery, up to 138 pages. I'm pleased that my quasi-outlining is helping me move through quickly. I am using a lot that I have learned from this website:

I am also listening to the Story Grid Editor's Roundtable podcast. They are just beginning to analyze Brokeback Mountain, scene by scene and beat by beat. Also Jeff and Will's Big Gay Fiction Podcast, trying to keep up with what's going on in gay fiction these days.

Neil Plakcy

Hey everyone! What's your current project look like? Got a cool twist? Researching something interesting? Really excited about your new protagonist and can't wait to share? Well wait no more! The time to share your pride and joy has arrived.

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Jeffrey Marks

I think I've come to a conclusion. I'm trying to deal with too many WIPs at once. I'm going to try for the next week to focus and finish one, then move on to the next and see if the extra focus will allow me to finish things a bit faster than I have been doing. 

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Marks
www.jeffreymarks.com
Mystery biographer, nominated for the Edgar award, the Agatha, the Macavity, and winner of the Anthony award. 
Publisher, Crippen & Landru Publishers. 

Bess Carnan

Kick asterisk! You're making me want to get a wiggle on with my writing. :)

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:47 PM, Neil Plakcy wrote:

--
--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Neil Plakcy

Neil Plakcy

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com

Bess Carnan

--

Bess
www.BessCarnanBooks.com