Topics

#WIPWeds Time to talk about what you're working on! #WIPWeds

Bess Carnan

My mss is out on submission to editors, so I'm starting to noodle on the next book. This one's set in Osaka, so I'm dredging up memories of my last trip and pulling out research materials. Probably at some point I'll add a plot too. :)

I've just hit 100 pages on my work in progress, which will be the tenth full-length novel in my Mahu series. It's a lot of fun to revisit characters I thought I had left behind long ago. The only problem is that I'm still working out the logistics of the crime and who the villain is. At least I'm getting to know him in bits and pieces as I go.

Neil Plakcy

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 12:15 PM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
My mss is out on submission to editors, so I'm starting to noodle on the next book. This one's set in Osaka, so I'm dredging up memories of my last trip and pulling out research materials. Probably at some point I'll add a plot too. :)

I’ve been getting up an hour earlier to push through to the end of this revision. The rough draft was so messy and raw that it took a lot of major revising. Next round should go faster. I hope. This will be my fifth novel.

On Jun 12, 2019, at 9:15 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

My mss is out on submission to editors, so I'm starting to noodle on the next book. This one's set in Osaka, so I'm dredging up memories of my last trip and pulling out research materials. Probably at some point I'll add a plot too. :)

Tim Jungr

Bess -- how cool! I lived in Osaka 30 years ago. (I actually spent 7 months in the single men's dormitory of a petrochemical plant outside of Osaka -- talk about cultural immersion!)

Tim

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 12:15:18 PM EDT, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

My mss is out on submission to editors, so I'm starting to noodle on the next book. This one's set in Osaka, so I'm dredging up memories of my last trip and pulling out research materials. Probably at some point I'll add a plot too. :)

Rachel

I’m editing the third draft of my first full length mystery manuscript .... so near and yet so far...

Bess Carnan

Tim, that is pretty cool! I'd love to live there one day, it was definitely my favorite city in Japan. Not too big, not too small.