Topics

Tell us about your WIP #WIPWeds

Bess Carnan

It's the middle of the week (already!?) and drudgery is setting in. Writing is hard. And boring. And don't get me started on editing.
Do you know what is fun?
Noodling on your WIP!
So tell us about where you are on it, what it's about, and all your favorite bits!

The last few weeks have been filled with medical appointments, physical therapy (bad back), excitement about the lammys, finishing up my long tenure as President of the New York Chapter of Sisters and Crime, excitement about the lammys, and a dead end in the plot of my third NYPD Chiara Corelli mystery, so I’m still at 20,000 words. However, plot ideas have been simmering and this morning an article in the NY Times dropped a piece into the puzzle and I’m raring to go with another Corelli and Parker adventure. I love these characters.

The same is true for the romance I’m working on. I’m having trouble keeping Quincy and Lindy apart so it’s still at 40,000 words but I have a few ideas to move it forward so I’m feeling optimistic.

Now I’m off to decide between two covers for Ready for Love, my romance coming in December.

My goals for June are to another 10,000 words on Corelli 3 and 5,000 on the romance.

Good luck to everyone on meeting your goals.

Catherine Maiorisi

On Jun 5, 2019, at 12:06 PM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

It's the middle of the week (already!?) and drudgery is setting in. Writing is hard. And boring. And don't get me started on editing.
Do you know what is fun?
Noodling on your WIP!
So tell us about where you are on it, what it's about, and all your favorite bits!

I’m in the final 25% of the first revision of the 3rd Jinx Ballou novel. Hoping to get a few more rounds of revision in before I turn it over to my editor in mid-August.

Also I just sent an email to my literary agent about getting the rights back to my Shea Stevens outlaw biker novels. Fingers crossed.

On Jun 5, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

It's the middle of the week (already!?) and drudgery is setting in. Writing is hard. And boring. And don't get me started on editing.
Do you know what is fun?
Noodling on your WIP!
So tell us about where you are on it, what it's about, and all your favorite bits!

Emma Schmidtke

Happy midweek everybody!

In my WIP right now, I’m really excited to write the next scene: a really tense and awkward Midwestern fundraising luncheon, where a couple of important revelations will be made by the characters.

—Emma

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 at 4:27 AM, Dharma Kelleher <dharma.kelleher@...> wrote:
I’m in the final 25% of the first revision of the 3rd Jinx Ballou novel. Hoping to get a few more rounds of revision in before I turn it over to my editor in mid-August.

Also I just sent an email to my literary agent about getting the rights back to my Shea Stevens outlaw biker novels. Fingers crossed.

On Jun 5, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

It's the middle of the week (already!?) and drudgery is setting in. Writing is hard. And boring. And don't get me started on editing.
Do you know what is fun?
Noodling on your WIP!
So tell us about where you are on it, what it's about, and all your favorite bits!

Emma, that sounds exciting! But oh man do I have the worst time with awkward scenes. I'm too prone to second-hand embarrassment!