Topics

Happy Friday! Who has an NPV? #NPV

Bess Carnan

I hope everyone had a kick asterisk week! But even if your week sucked, I still want to hear about your non-publishing victories.

I had a completely garbage week and didn't write a word, but I managed to keep on top of my Writing Related Emails, so I'm taking that as a win.

I’m making progress on editing my WIP, though I wish it was going faster. I had to push out publication date from September to December.

On May 24, 2019, at 8:35 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

I hope everyone had a kick asterisk week! But even if your week sucked, I still want to hear about your non-publishing victories.

I had a completely garbage week and didn't write a word, but I managed to keep on top of my Writing Related Emails, so I'm taking that as a win.

Inspiration has a funny way of creeping up on you. I watched a video through Facebook of San Quentin inmates learning the hula as a way of meditation and anger management, and just like that I had an idea for a new book in my Mahu series, which I thought was finished a couple of years ago.

I have put all my other writing on hold to follow the thread of this inspiration. Will it lead me through the labyrinth to the Minotaur of failed books, or the exit of publication? Who knows.

I think you'll find the flashing exit sign, Neil.  Way to follow your inspiration.
Good Luck,
Cheryl

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:26 PM Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...> wrote:
Inspiration has a funny way of creeping up on you. I watched a video through Facebook of San Quentin inmates learning the hula as a way of meditation and anger management, and just like that I had an idea for a new book in my Mahu series, which I thought was finished a couple of years ago.

I have put all my other writing on hold to follow the thread of this inspiration. Will it lead me through the labyrinth to the Minotaur of failed books, or the exit of publication? Who knows.

Cheryl Head
Author, Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries
Director of Inclusion, Golden Crown Literary Society