Topics

Bouchercon 2019

Bess Carnan

Did anyone else see that BCon this year got a table for Pride, in an effort to reach out to queer writers? I'm really impressed with their dedication to "y'all means all." When I met one of the board members at BCon 2018 she was really interested in learning about adding pronouns to name badges too.

Will anyone else be attending this year?

cheryl head

Wow, Bess, that is impressive.  I'm not attending Bouchercon this year (at least that's my current decision)  I was in Dallas two weeks ago, and....
But, if there is someway I can support the Pride table, I'd be happy to do so.  If you have additional info, please let me know.
Thanks,
Cheryl

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:
Did anyone else see that BCon this year got a table for Pride, in an effort to reach out to queer writers? I'm really impressed with their dedication to "y'all means all." When I met one of the board members at BCon 2018 she was really interested in learning about adding pronouns to name badges too.

Will anyone else be attending this year?

John Copenhaver

Hi, Bess,

I'll be at B-con this year. That's exciting about a Pride table. I didn't see that notification. I'd love to be involved, of course.

-John

Jeffrey Marks

I’ll be there and I’d love to be involved too.

Jeff

Catherine Maiorisi

Hi,
I’m also planning to be at B’con this year.

Catherine

On Mar 3, 2019, at 9:32 AM, Bess Carnan <BCarnan@...> wrote:

Did anyone else see that BCon this year got a table for Pride, in an effort to reach out to queer writers? I'm really impressed with their dedication to "y'all means all." When I met one of the board members at BCon 2018 she was really interested in learning about adding pronouns to name badges too.

Will anyone else be attending this year?

The Blood Runs Cold

A Matter of Blood
Readers rave: Complex characters, well-written, intelligent, page turner, clever plotting, multi-layered, intense, instantly hooks you, couldn’t put down

Meredith

Hi all!  I just bought my ticket last week.  I’ll be there, and it would be great if we could all meet up somewhere.  I’m glad B-Con is working on inclusivity.  Ive never been to a B-Con before, but I’m really excited for it!

Stefani Deoul

Hi Bess,
Sadly I am not attending BCon this year, but if there is a way to be involved, please let me know - should be exciting!

Bess Carnan

I found the note! It was in the latest newsletter/email:
Dallas Pride

In an effort to diversify our attendee base, Bouchercon 2019 will have a booth at the annual Dallas Pride festival at the city’s historic Fair Park, on June 1, 11 a.m.–10 p.m. Approximately 45,000 people, including many city and county leaders, are expected to attend. Authors interested in doing signings and book giveaways are invited to join us. If you’re interested in participating in a book giveaway, please send us a message using the contact form on our website www.bouchercon2019.com.

Registration for Bouchercon 2019 is required for participation. We can accommodate up to three authors at a time for each hour-long session. Signing assignments will be made on a first sign-up basis. Authors must bring their books with them; we regret we’re unable to accept, store and transport the books to the festival for you.

cheryl head

Thank you for tracking down this information, Bess. I'm going to pass it on to a few people I know in Dallas.
Cheers,
Cheryl