Re: 2019 Harassment Response

Hawthorn Mineart

The audience either didn't quite hear what she was saying, or didn't understand the trans-racial references, or just thought she was being over the top because they've never heard of Rachel Dolenzal. This is according to my fellow Sisters in Crime members who were in the room. Some of them saw me get up and leave and realized I was upset about it.

This isn't the first time Edwards has said something along those lines; she went off on Caitlyn Jenner about three years ago in a similar rant about college campuses at Magna. At that time I stood up and pushed back on her comments.

And this reference was part of Edwards interview in Magna's Pomp and Circumstance newsletter in July.