Re: 2019 Harassment Response

Gale

Seems like 2019 is the year lots of us spoke up to offensive remarks about our communities at conferences. It's great, I think, that we are finding the support and courage to speak up. It's also going to make 2020 a very interesting year. Having recently been assaulted by a MAGA flag-waving male in downtown St. Petersburg, I can tell you that speaking up has a price. But, it's nothing compared to staying silent. As long as we support each other we can continue to speak up and be more present in society.

It will be interesting to see how these incidents are addressed in crime writing conferences next year.

xx,

Gale Massey

Florida Book Award 2018
Clara Johnson Award Finalist 2019

GaleMasseyBooks.com

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:11 PM Kristen Lepionka <kristenlepionka+q@...> wrote:
This is super disturbing about Magna Cum Murder, esp because MWA Midwest (where I’m on the board) is a sponsor. Hawthorn, would you mind telling me more about what happened? How did the other panelists/audience/moderator (If any) react to this etc?