Re: Non-Publishing Victory Day! #NPV

John Copenhaver

All this fall, I’ve been in the midst of rewriting my new novel, converting it from the third to the first person. It’s a slow process (especially because I’m a full-time teacher), but I’ve been discovering new things along the way. It feels like an excavation. This week, I finally started to see some flecks of gold

I also answered some questions for a CrimeReads roundtable conversation with other the Anthony noms.

John

On Oct 18, 2019, at 1:17 PM, Neil Plakcy <plax1612@...> wrote:

I got paid this week for a story that appeared a while ago in the Bronzeville Bee, an online magazine. And I was asked to contribute a story to an anthology based on the songs of Jimmy Buffett.

Plus I got some nice emails from readers who had been waiting for the next Mahu book. Certainly enough positivity to sustain me through the slog of writing!

Neil

John Copenhaver
Fiction Writer
Lambda Literary Columnist
www.jcopenhaver.com
Twitter: johncopenhaver
Instagram: johncope74

Debut Novel, DODGING AND BURNING. Available now from Pegasus Books.