Re: How did you do on your September goals? #Goals

Neil Plakcy

Great for you, Catherine!

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 12:48 PM Catherine Maiorisi <cmaiorisi@...> wrote:
One of my goals was to get my new romance and the third NYPD Detective Chiara Corelli mystery moving. I’d hope to have the mystery ready for Jan 1 so it could be published early in 2020. I was struggling with the plots of both books so I took some time to really think it through. I realized October would probably not be that productive because I’ll be caring for my wife after her knee replacement surgery. I also realized I don’t usually write to a deadline and putting pressure on myself was making it hard to let the ideas flow.

So since I was almost 50,000 words into the romance, I decided to focus on getting that done for Jan1 and give myself more time on the mystery. Once I made that decision, my brain unlocked and I’m going full steam ahead on the romance and the ideas are flowing on the mystery.

I think I did okay on my goals.